Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] 3.5.3 => 3.7.3: some of my menu items now highlighted by default

Old Dec 31, 2011, 10:32 AM
The Bright Side

10 posts · Nov 2010
[SOLVED] 3.5.3 => 3.7.3: some of my menu items now highlighted by default

Hey guys,

I manually upgraded from 3.5.3 to 3.7.3 today and was amazed how easy and seamless it was! Great stuff. One thing I noticed though is that now, two of my menu items ("Home" and "Interactive") are highlighted by default:

www.knowingme.org

I don't terribly mind that, but would love to know how I can configure this behaviour. Hey, if I can highlight menu items now, then I may as well move the second highlight from "Interactive" to "Clearwater".

I'm on Ubuntu 11.10 and observed the behaviour in Firefox 8 and Chrome 16.

Thanks!
Old Dec 31, 2011, 11:14 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It looks like you are using the Interactive page as your home page and have Home entered in the "Home Link in Page menu Bar" box. You can either delete what is in that box or use the WordPress menu system to build you menu the way you like which is my preferred method.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:31 PM
The Bright Side

10 posts · Nov 2010
Ahh! Close... I realize what's happening now. I do have the "Home" link defined in Wordpress' menu options as a custom link pointing to www.knowingme.org. To "deactivate" the "Interactive" link (it is only supposed to be a header), I pointed it to www.knowingme.org as well. That's why it's highlighted.

I edited it to open my facebook page by default. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Is there still a way to highlight the Clearwater link by default? It'd be cool if I could make it stand out.

Last edited by The Bright Side; Dec 31, 2011 at 12:36 PM.