Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Help needed to sort out header links (beneath banner/header image)

Old Nov 18, 2009, 03:29 AM
jakc

7 posts · Nov 2009
Help Help needed to sort out header links (beneath banner/header image)

Running 2.8.6 with Atahualpa 3.4.4
Only got introduced to Wordpress last week, but loving this theme, and have learnt a fair bit.

I am afraid my site is not yet live, so please can you consult the following screen:
Screenshot

As you can see, looks a bit amateur - My next job is toto do some work on a bar going across under the banner image with links to both 'pages' in the wordpress blog, along with some external links. (Should I therefore be using something else to %pages% as this just links to pages created in this theme?)

At moment, the header area has been configured as:
%bar1 %image %bar2 %page-center %logo

Id like to merge the %logo (i.e. the RSS icon) into the same horizontal region as the %pages
I tried tweaking a few things but could not get the two to overlay.
What would be the best way to go about this? Perhaps not use %pages% and use one of those horizontal bars instead?

Im open to other suggestions, I just need a nice looking row of links under the banner. Can dive into the code if need be.

Ideally, id also like a small Twitter icon next to the RSS icon, but this can wait till ive got the rough design of the header links bar sorted.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.