Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Change hover color in body of post

Old Feb 17, 2009, 01:43 PM
HalfWayThere

25 posts · Feb 2009
Hi

Is there any way I can change the hover color over a link in the main body of posts without it affecting the exisiting default color which I use in the sidebars?

Thanks in advance

Matt

http://matterstoday.com
Old Feb 17, 2009, 05:11 PM
MacMyDay

23 posts · Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfWayThere
Hi

Is there any way I can change the hover color over a link in the main body of posts without it affecting the exisiting default color which I use in the sidebars?

Thanks in advance

Matt

Matt - I'm no programmer nor CSS kingpin, but have you tried putting the following in the Body Box in Post/Page Styling:

Code:
A:hover { color: #ff0000 }
or whatever color you might want? It's worth a try to see if that works for you. Otherwise, Flynn or someone else might have to jump in...

/allan
Old Feb 17, 2009, 05:50 PM
HalfWayThere

25 posts · Feb 2009
Hi

Thanks for the suggestion. I can't get anywhere with this - I have tried a number of variations on the coding but it begs Flynn's attention ...

Cheers
Old Feb 17, 2009, 05:59 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfWayThere
Hi

Thanks in advance

Matt

Put this at HTML/CSS Inserts -> CSS Inserts

HTML Code:
.post-bodycopy a:link,
.post-bodycopy a:active,
.post-bodycopy a:visited {
color: #123456;
}
.post-bodycopy a:hover {
color: #654321;
}
Old Feb 18, 2009, 07:39 AM
HalfWayThere

25 posts · Feb 2009
Thanks for that - it works a treat.

Is there any way that I can force links in the body of a post to open in a new window (and possibly resized as well)?
Old Feb 18, 2009, 02:35 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Can you make this a new thread please, so it can be easier found by others? I'll delete this post after that.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 02:56 PM
HalfWayThere

25 posts · Feb 2009
OK - thanks, I'll create a new thread.