Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

How to make Current page color different than Hover color?

Old Jul 11, 2009, 09:58 PM
25jai

7 posts · Jul 2009
The current problem:
The current page item color on the page menu bar is the same as the hover color set in the options. how do i make them separate?
I would like to customize the color for the current page, and then another color for the page the cursor is hovering.

Thanks!
Old Jul 12, 2009, 09:28 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The 'page' menu bar options are set at ATO->Page Menu Bar
The page body style is set at ATO-> settings are at ATO->Body, Text & Links
Old Jul 14, 2009, 01:53 PM
25jai

7 posts · Jul 2009
No, the problem is, when i change the "Background color: Hover", it will also change the current page's "button/item" on the page menu bar. I'm not talking about the page body style, i'm talking about the page menu bar's current page button.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 05:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
OK I think I understand, but let me rephrase it
Let's say you hage four pages: "Home', 'About', 'Contact' and 'Maps'
you set the background color for the menubar to blue
When you go to page 'About', you want 'About' to be in 'red' but when you move the cursor over 'Maps' you want it to be 'Yellow'

Is this the issue?

or when you are on teh About' page, that should be Red' until you move the cursor to 'Maps'. at that point Maps' should be 'Red and ' About should be 'blue'

Last edited by juggledad; Jul 15, 2009 at 05:38 AM.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 06:25 AM
hejonas

8 posts · Jul 2009
Hi

I had the same issue.. solved it eventually with the following code in CSS Inserts:

Code:
/* For HOVER */
ul.rMenu-hor li.current_page_item a:link,
ul.rMenu-hor li.current_page_item a:visited,
ul.rMenu-hor li.current_page_item a:active,
ul.rMenu-hor li.current_page_item a:hover {
background: #26be71 !important;
color: #000000 !important;
}
/* For CURRENT */
ul.rMenu-hor li.current_page_item a:link,
ul.rMenu-hor li.current_page_item a:visited,
ul.rMenu-hor li.current_page_item a:active,
ul.rMenu-hor li.current_page_item a:hover {
background: #26be71 !important;
color: #000000 !important;
}
whereas #26be71 is the colour that I wanted to have for hover.

Additionally, in Page Menu Bar > Background Colour: Hover, I set the colour for the currently selected item.

best, J
Old Jul 15, 2009, 05:13 PM
25jai

7 posts · Jul 2009
It is similar to the first one you are mentioning, juggledad. Say you are in the about page. The current problem is that whatever i set Background Colour: Hover, the color of the "about" page shown on the page menu bar will also be set to that. It would be a good thing to separate that, so that the current page on the page menu bar can be set, say blue, and then the hover background colour different, say red.

Hejonas, this works, that it changed the hovering color separated from the current page color, but now if the current page has a subpage, the page menu bar makes all the subpages the same color as well, which looks weird :P...

Last edited by 25jai; Jul 15, 2009 at 05:31 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 06:44 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
To reset the children do

/* For CURRENT */
ul.rMenu-hor li.current_page_item ul li a:link,
ul.rMenu-hor li.current_page_item ul li a:visited,
ul.rMenu-hor li.current_page_item ul li a:active,
ul.rMenu-hor li.current_page_item ul li a:hover {
background: #123456 !important;
color: #654321 !important;