Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Overlay text on Header Image

Old May 31, 2010, 02:45 PM
Marvin Brown

1 posts · May 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I am really enjoying how this theme is laid out and how easy it is to make changes to it. The documentation is very easy to understand. Thank you.

I have seen instruction to overlay a logo over the header image but I'm wondering about overlaying text over the header image. Either a fixed block or changing text like the idea of the Hello Dolly plugin.

That seems much simpler that editing the picture images.

Marvin
Old Mar 25, 2012, 07:18 PM
TotalBalance

15 posts · Feb 2009
I just posted a similar question. Any suggestions?
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...2554#post82554

Lars
Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:22 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Here is one possible direction. Create a new widget area in the header area then find a plugin that does what you want. I hope that makes sense. It's late and I am tired.

Here is a link to one plugin that might work.

Last edited by lmilesw; Mar 25, 2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:51 PM
TotalBalance

15 posts · Feb 2009
Thanks lmilesw for the fast reply!

I looked at the plugin and this will work for the rotating text. I guess my only remaining question ... Is it possible to place a widget in the header area that is 50px in height, centered full width of the header area. A visual of what I'm attempting to accomplish is attached.

Thanks,

Lars

Last edited by TotalBalance; Mar 28, 2012 at 11:42 PM.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:48 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
That's where the new widget area comes in. Then you position it with CSS.