Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Justify Sub Items in Category Menu

Old Jun 8, 2016, 02:03 PM
SeedPlace

3 posts · Jun 2016
In my attempt to widen the space between category menu items, I somehow messed up the alignment of the sub menus.
To the Add HTML/CSS I added:

div#menu1 ul.rMenu li {border-left: solid 50px white;}

I like the width of them items now.
However, I can't figure out the syntax to move the sub menu to the left.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Last edited by SeedPlace; Jun 8, 2016 at 09:02 PM.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 02:55 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Because CSS cascades, the border is added to that element and all it's children, there fore you have to code a selector for the child and get rid of the left border for them
Old Jun 8, 2016, 04:06 PM
SeedPlace

3 posts · Jun 2016
Like I said, I don't know what coding to use.
What quick line would I need to put in?
Old Jun 8, 2016, 05:19 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
(Note my signature)

You can determing what you need one of two ways
1) use the FireBug extension in FireFox to look at the elements (and test your new selector/rule) or
2) go to your page and then view the source to see what the child elements are and then you can build the selector from that.

in english your CSS says ' add a solid white 50px wide boarder to every 'li' that is a child of a 'ul' with a class of'rMenu' which is a child of a 'div' with an ID of 'menu1'

use that and look a the source to see what 'li's are effected.

Last edited by juggledad; Jun 9, 2016 at 08:13 AM.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 06:38 PM
SeedPlace

3 posts · Jun 2016
Figured it out, thx

Last edited by SeedPlace; Jun 8, 2016 at 09:01 PM.