Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Changed body font to Georgia...or so I thought

Old May 24, 2014, 07:31 AM
brayer

2 posts · May 2014
This seems like a real simple problem, but its solution is not self-evident.

So I wanted to change the body font to Georgia. I went to MTO > CSS Files > content.css and changed the line to this:

font-family: "Georgia", "Times New Roman", serif;

It's still showing up as the default (Lucida Grande, I think). What am I missing? I've tried clearing cookies and cached files already; I've tried using Safari instead of Chrome. All: no dice.

Advice?
Old May 24, 2014, 08:44 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Make sure you blank out the default google font (add google fonts)
Old May 24, 2014, 10:14 PM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
Can you please post a link to your site? It would be easier to see what's wrong.
Old May 25, 2014, 05:14 AM
brayer

2 posts · May 2014
Well, I haven't actually installed any Google Fonts, and I see Georgia is not among them anyway. But even when I took Georgia out of "font-family", it did not default to "Times New Roman" or even "serif." CB, I've PM'ed you.
Old May 25, 2014, 10:33 AM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
Please note that there are multiple places in Montezuma's CSS files where the font-family property is used:

body in content.css
The heading tags h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 in content.css
.hentry .comment-bubble in posts.css
#menu1-smooth a in menus_menu1.css
#sitetitle in various.css
#tagline in various.css

In addition, certain plugins may have their own CSS, but I would guess that it would be rare for them to set the font-family property.

So if you wanted to make sure the entire site used the same font-family, you could either:
1) Go through all of the virtual CSS files and change the font-family property for each selector to the style you want.
2) Go through all of the virtual CSS files and delete the font-family property for each selector except the modified body element.
3) Create a rule at the end of various.css and override all of the previous font-family properties in one shot:
Code:
body, 
h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, 
.hentry .comment-bubble,
#menu1-smooth a, 
#sitetitle, #tagline {
   font-family: "Georgia", "Times New Roman", serif;
}