Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] How to remove side padding around header area only.

Old Nov 9, 2010, 03:35 PM
dudu

2 posts · Nov 2010
[SOLVED] How to remove side padding around header area only.

How do I remove the side padding around the header image and menu bars.
I still want the padding in the body section.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 04:16 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Go to ATO>Style and configure Layout and remove the side padding then you go to ATO>Style Post and Pages use margins and padding there to move the pages in. Then you will need to go to ATO>Style Widgets and ATO>Style and configure Sidebars to make CSS changes there as well.

If you start playing with the CSS I think you should see how this would work.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 09:03 AM
jstein

95 posts · Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
Go to ATO>Style and configure Layout and remove the side padding then you go to ATO>Style Post and Pages use margins and padding there to move the pages in. Then you will need to go to ATO>Style Widgets and ATO>Style and configure Sidebars to make CSS changes there as well.

If you start playing with the CSS I think you should see how this would work.
Can you be a bit more specific about what exactly to do in the ATO>Style Post Pages? I've been messing around in there but can't find the right way to move the pages in. Here's my site if you want to see what I mean: www.embodiedawake.com

Thanks!
Old Dec 4, 2010, 12:26 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
In your case you will need to add left padding to your left sidebar in ATO>Style & configure sidebars. Then you will probably have to redo the image size as you are effectively reducing the sidebar width. This positioning stuff can get so intertwined at times. Makes life interesting though.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 12:46 PM
jstein

95 posts · Sep 2010
Would that be the left and right sidebar style? I tried changing the padding form 10px to 20px and didn't see any change. Did I do it right?
Old Dec 4, 2010, 01:22 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
You only have a left sidebar so I would add padding-left:20px; to the Left sidebar style box and leave the padding-right as it is.