Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Limit number of posts on home page?

Old Jul 9, 2010, 11:19 PM
anishinaboy

8 posts · Jun 2010
Hi,

Is it possible to set a limit on the number of posts that appear on my home page? As it stands it's quite a lot.

Thanks
Old Jul 10, 2010, 02:37 AM
rosetrees

108 posts · Mar 2009
That's not part of the theme options.

It's in the main Wordpress menu. Go to Appearance/reading - change "blog pages show at most" to the number of posts you want displayed.

If you then want extracts rather than full posts, that is part of the theme options. Go to AtahualpaThemeOptions/Configure Excerpts - there you can configure the length of the excerpts and decide if you want a mixture of full posts and excerpts.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 12:34 PM
JFG

44 posts · Jul 2009
Canada
But this will also change the number of posts or excerpts shown on the category pages. How would I go about having, say, the 3 latest posts appear on the home page but all of the posts of a particular category appear on their category page?

Edit:
Never mind, found this plugin : http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...osts-per-page/

Last edited by JFG; Jul 11, 2010 at 12:36 PM.