Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Need to Create a Single Post with No Ads at Top Header

Old Mar 5, 2010, 11:28 AM
outofdebtagain

8 posts · Sep 2009
I need to create a single post template which has no ads whatsoever.
I thought I could omit sidebars in "posts" but now it looks like that is only for "pages".

I have Added a New Widget which now contains my BlogHerAds leaderboard ad at the top of my site (previously I used "Add HTML/CSS Inserts" in the header section).

I have installed the WP Plug-in Single Post Template by Nathan Rice. I have created a new template using the instructions outlined by Paulae. That is all working fine.

But now I just don't know how to not have it see the leaderboard ad on that Single Post Template.

What I'm trying to do is create a single post page that has no ads whatsoever (on the sidebars or at the top) for paid reviews or for giving exclusive advertising rights to one company on single posts. BlogHerAds allows Google text ads, but no paid ads with images. I am not making enough money right now on blogging to give up BlogHerAds... so I would like to figure out how to do this.

I am using version 3.4.5.1 (version 3.6 completely breaks my blog so I will wait to upgrade). Thank you in advance.

UPDATE later in the evening: I am partway there. I have managed to get rid of the sidebars on one post, using Single Post Template... but still no luck getting rid of that leaderboard ad at the very top. Here's my test page with no sidebars: http://www.outofdebtagain.com/2009/01/test-ad-page3/

Mrs. Accountability
Out of Debt Again

Last edited by outofdebtagain; Mar 6, 2010 at 09:16 AM. Reason: My problem has now been solved!
Old Mar 6, 2010, 03:48 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
have you tried 'widget logic' to control when the widget appears?
Old Mar 6, 2010, 09:15 AM
outofdebtagain

8 posts · Sep 2009
Juggledad: Goodness! The wailing and gnashing of teeth that went on yesterday, trying to figure out how to solve this problem!!!!

I looked at the Widget Logic plug-in but the necessary PHP coding was a bit over my head. I started looking for tutorials on Widget Logic and found some discussion had gone on here at Bytes For All Atahualpa forums about it, and in that thread I found a recommendation for using Display Widgets which is SIMPLE and allows me to modify a checkbox on each widget as to whether I want it to appear on various "pages" and also by "category". I just created a new category named "exclusive" and checked the box so the ads wouldn't appear on posts with that category. So simple!!

Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction, please look for a donation to you via PayPal.

Here is a post I created just today to review the Display Widgets plug-in: http://www.outofdebtagain.com/2010/0...lug-in-review/. Be sure to click on my blog's header to see how it usually looks with the leaderboard ad up top and ads on the sidebars.

Thanks again!
Mrs. Accountability
Out of Debt Again