Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] Facebook and "Print Friendly and PDF" plugins arenot working properly anymor

Old Aug 26, 2013, 03:13 PM
mariusma

5 posts · Aug 2013
Thank you very much for this theme - I have chosen it as it supports multilanguage and width can be customised, too. Everything was working more or less smothly but recently I have faced troubles which I can't solve and it seems they are not being fixed by any updates...

So I have been using Shareaholic to inform about posts in Facebook and other social media - one day I have noticed that all I get when I click on "share" is a link - no photo, no title, no text excerpt. I have installed and tried "Share Buttons by AddToAny" and have got the same result.

The same thing is happening with another plugin - "Print Friendly and PDF" - now I have deactivated it as it is not generating working links anymore.

Can anyone explain please, what has happened and how this can be fixed?

Thank you very much in advance! And sorry for my bad English...

P.S. website address just in case: http://www.troleibusas.lt
Old Aug 26, 2013, 03:54 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Swap to twenty twelve and see if those same problem occurs. If it does then its not a theme issue.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 11:01 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The title and image show fine for me when I click on share.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 01:01 AM
mariusma

5 posts · Aug 2013
juggledad, lmilesw - thank you very much for responses!

I have forgotten to mention that I am facing these problems when I choose "LT" language only - while English and Russian are working properly.

"Print Friendly and PDF" is inactive with all languages.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 04:49 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Now go back and answer my question
Old Aug 27, 2013, 05:58 AM
mariusma

5 posts · Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
Now go back and answer my question
I am very sorry that I have not mentioned that - I have switched to "twenty twelve", as it supports only one language of course I see all posts in Lithuanian - result is the same - "print friendly" button is inactive, and facebook is not giving title, photo, or text excerpt.

I have noticed one more thing. I still can use that facebook feature normally on old posts (for example, the one which is made "sticky" - only recent 3 posts have this problem.

I have also tried to create a new test post now (some text with a photo) and I get the same problem - it is not working properly with Lithuanian language (and Print friendly is not working at all).
Old Aug 27, 2013, 07:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Have you recently upgraded Wordpress?
Old Aug 27, 2013, 08:54 AM
mariusma

5 posts · Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
Have you recently upgraded Wordpress?
No, I have not - I am still using WordPress 3.5.1 but I am updating plugins if there's written that new version of that plugin is fully compatible with 3.5.1.

My hoster have updated domain to version PHP 5.5 - maybe this can be related?
Old Aug 27, 2013, 04:12 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
PHP 5.5 can definitely be an issue. I would stay at 5.3
Old Sep 1, 2013, 12:22 PM
mariusma

5 posts · Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
PHP 5.5 can definitely be an issue. I would stay at 5.3
I have tried this - but issues were not fixed.

Anyway I have found an interesting solution to the facebook glitch (printfriendly is not working with Lithuanian language anyway):
After making a new post, I go to "facebook debugger" (https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug) and paste address of new page there - and voila, it works OK then.
It is a strange way of fixing this problem but at least I know now what to do every time I make a new post in the website.

I hope this information will be useful if someone else will face a similar problem.