Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

ISSUE REPLAY: Content if NOT FOUND not displayed properly on 404 page

Old Aug 23, 2010, 08:14 AM
pgc

25 posts · May 2009
Warsaw
ISSUE REPLAY: Content if NOT FOUND not displayed properly on 404 page

I raise the issue once again as there were no working solutions yet. The previous thread is 8436 (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=8436)

Wordpress 3.0.1 Atahualpa 3.5.3

Permalink structure defined as: /teksty/%postname%/

Issue: When calling nonexisting page or post on my site I got the page with the list of excerpts instead of the content defined for 404 page. The page tittle is as for 404 page, however.
Example: http://piotrcelinski.info/non-existing

The proper content for 404 page is displayed when calling the sample page http://piotrcelinski.info/teksty/non-existing

You may compare the results for the above links

Most likely this is not caused by any plugin I use neither by the .htaccess file - I tried to disable plugin by plugin as well as use the default .htaccess only.

As you see the permalink structure was changed. I tried to come back to default structure and then to the defined - as juggledad advised, but there were no results.

Any solution?

Regards
Piotr
Old Sep 14, 2010, 09:10 AM
munozj

5 posts · Sep 2010
I'm having the same problem with my install. I changed the theme to Twenty Ten 1.1 (wordpress built in) and the 404 page displayed properly but when i changed back to Atahualpa the 404 page had the proper title "404 - Page Not Found %sitename%" but the content was a page of excerpt posts.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 06:33 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
munozj - what versuion and what is the url?
Do you have a 404.php file in the theme folder?
do you have any plugins that deal with 404's
What do you have in your htaccess file?