Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Version 333 Broken...

Old Aug 6, 2009, 01:19 PM
paul_williams

37 posts · Jun 2009
Wales, UK
Sometime today my site at http://www.richardbeard.info stopped working properly. Db is ok it seems so I'm not sure why this is happening. I can't log-in either. When I try it goes to the server root and launches another blog. I've not to my knowledge made any changes today to cause this. Any ideas?

Last edited by juggledad; Aug 7, 2009 at 04:45 AM.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 01:49 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
sounds like you may have been hacked. can you get to the db using phpAdmin? if so, go look at the first record in the wp-options tabele. One of the fields should be the url of your blog. Make sure it is.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 03:10 PM
paul_williams

37 posts · Jun 2009
Wales, UK
hi thanks for replying

Yes I can access the php admin and the first value in wp-options does appear correct.

I used a backup db so that should be ok.

It's puzzling is that the site is styled partially as if it's a css problem however the fact that I can not login suggest a Wordpress problem...?

Paul
Old Aug 6, 2009, 03:47 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
wait a minute?? Is it really 'http://www.richardbeard.infostopped'??? or just ...info?
Old Aug 6, 2009, 04:05 PM
paul_williams

37 posts · Jun 2009
Wales, UK
you got it

www.richardbeard.info
Old Aug 6, 2009, 05:18 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Wow that page is messed! If you look at the source, after the startof the left sidebar, it suddenly spits out the '<head>' again!?!

also you have this srange line of code at the top
HTML Code:
<meta name="verify-v1" content="HKV8actvDQmEPIJW5W2Icbdgy2iZU/T0N8ckOlmoCjI=" >
Try backing up the atahualpa folder, then delete it from the themes folder and see if you can get running with the default theme.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 12:36 AM
paul_williams

37 posts · Jun 2009
Wales, UK
Ok, I'm awake! I'll try that and see where we get to. I'm guessing we arte in radically different time zones?
Paul
Old Aug 7, 2009, 12:45 AM
paul_williams

37 posts · Jun 2009
Wales, UK
Ok, tried that; in IE8 entirely blank screen
Old Aug 7, 2009, 01:28 AM
paul_williams

37 posts · Jun 2009
Wales, UK
Using

http://www.richardbeard.info/wp-login.php

I get to an unstyled log-in page.

If I try to login it takes me to the root again.

.htaccess problem?
Old Aug 7, 2009, 04:44 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Hmmm have you changed your htaccess? or installed one? I notice in the source of the login the following url
HTML Code:
'http://ceinewydd.com/richardbeard2009/wordpress/wp-admin/css/login.css?ver=20090514'
but your site is www.richardbeard.info so I do suspect something is messed up (hey, do you like that very technical term?)

Can you remember what you had done before th site stopped working? Did you make any site changes, any site changes at 1and1? Any htaccess changes?
Old Aug 7, 2009, 06:34 AM
paul_williams

37 posts · Jun 2009
Wales, UK
www.richardbeard.info points to

www.ceinewydd.com/richardbeard2009/wordpress

Newest version of WP

It's been working fine for at least a month.

rather hastily I've been trying all sorts of fixes including fiddling with the .htaccess which in my experience sometimes does the trick!

I've renamed pugin folder removed V333

Re-imported db from before 'meltdown.

The site was running fine and as far as I recall no changes had been made before it broke.
Breaking it down the current situation using Default theme is...

www.richardbeard.info

- blank page in browsers I've checked IE8 Safari FF

http://www.richardbeard.info/wp-login.php

- gives 'no css' log-in

- attempt to log-in goes to www.myceredigion.co.uk which is pointed at www.ceinewydd.com/blog
which is very odd...
Old Aug 7, 2009, 06:56 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I think you should remove the htaccess, some kind of redirect is happening
Old Aug 7, 2009, 07:12 AM
paul_williams

37 posts · Jun 2009
Wales, UK
Yep I've tried that but no difference at all...
Old Aug 7, 2009, 08:53 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I don't think I can help yoou in this manner. I'd need to get into the site (ftp, backend, php etc). this would have to be on a $ basis. If you are interested, send me a PM.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 11:57 AM
paul_williams

37 posts · Jun 2009
Wales, UK
Many thanks to you Juggledad; you got me off the hook!

Last edited by juggledad; Aug 10, 2009 at 03:45 PM.