Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Drop down menu behind post image

Old Mar 17, 2013, 03:23 AM
Mosaic

4 posts · Mar 2013
Please help! I'm a Montezuma newbie.

The drop down menu on my front page (www.publicrelationsonline.co.uk) goes behind the top post image if you have more than 5 pages dropping down. It's fine if there's no image, it goes straight over the text; it's also fine on all the other main navigation pages.

I can see in Appearance-Montezuma Options-CSS files there's a file that says menus.css with coding for the drop down; I've tried adding various z-index figures underneath where it says position: absolute, to no avail.

/* 2nd level: "drop down" */
.menu ul {
float: left;
height: auto;
left: -999em;
position: absolute;
}

I can also see a z-index in menu-menus1.css and I've tried changing this, to no avail.

/* The menu wrapper "bar" */
#menu1-wrapper {
z-index: 1000;
background: #ffffff;

I've tried with the normal menu and now a custom Menu 1. Can anyone help please? I've spent six hours so far trying to resolve this and am now getting frustrated. Many thanks.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 04:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Have you tried shutting off all plugins?
also have you applied the PATCH's? - see the stickies at the top of this forum.

Last edited by juggledad; Mar 17, 2013 at 04:14 AM.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 04:33 AM
Mosaic

4 posts · Mar 2013
It's definitely not plugins, I haven't got any. Which patch should I apply, none seem relevant to my query? I am thinking this won't just affect me but any user of Montezuma.

Loving your work, will happily donate.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 09:05 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Patch 113-1
Old Mar 17, 2013, 12:27 PM
Mosaic

4 posts · Mar 2013
Unfortunately this hasn't worked. (Go to www.publicrelationsonline.co.uk, click on Page 1 on the top nav).

I found the postformat.php file in public_html/wp-admin/montezuma/admin/default-templates/sub-templates; I cut and paste your script over the affected area. The drop down still goes behind the post image.

Any other solutions please??

Many thanks. Karen
Old Mar 17, 2013, 03:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
interesting, it works for me, could you go to mto->Export Import - copy the settings to a text file and attach to a response
Old Mar 20, 2013, 02:39 PM
Mosaic

4 posts · Mar 2013
Hi Juggledad, thank you for your help with this. .txt file is attached. Cheers - Karen
Attached Files
File Type: txt montezuma-publicrelationsonline.txt (82.2 KB, 1102 views)