Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Ata version 3.5.3 (bfa_ata4) compatability issue with php version php 5.2.12

Old Dec 1, 2010, 08:20 AM
bettykin

3 posts · Jul 2010
Hi all,

As you can see from my header, I'm running Ata version 3.5.3 and Wordpress 3.0.2. Over the Thanksgiving weekend, my host (Aplus.net) upgraded the shared server to PHP v5.2.12. Since then my site will not retain the Ata custom settings.

In searching the forums, I've discovered that in version 3.5.3 all custom settings live in option "bfa_ata4" in the database.
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...light=bfa_ata4
Using the suggestions in this post, I've:

-Deleted and rebuilt the "bfa_ata4" option using the import/export menu.
-Deleted and reloaded the ata 3.5.3 theme
Neither worked.

I should add that I'm able to import and apply my correct settings but my site "resets" itself back to the default settings the next day. Which makes me suspect a problem with my host or the daily back-up process. That got me to this post...

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...light=bfa_ata4

If I'm reading this correctly, it looks like there might be some incompatibility between my server php version and Ata 3.5.3, therefore, I'm copying this post to my host and opening a service ticket as well.

My question for the forum (finally!):
Short of going back to Ata 3.5.2, can I either: 1) prevent option bfa_ata4 from being rewritten daily (presumably with the automated back-up); or 2) create a new DB option containing my custom settings that would override bfa_ata4?
Has anyone else had their settings "reset" over night?

I've attached before and after screen shots of my site.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-11-29 at 6.45.53 PM.jpg
Views:	1930
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	922  Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-11-29 at 6.42.22 PM.jpg
Views:	1968
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	923  
Old Dec 1, 2010, 11:30 AM
vincent

64 posts · Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettykin
Hi all,
As you can see from my header, I'm running Ata version 3.5.3 and Wordpress 3.0.2. Over the Thanksgiving weekend, my host (Aplus.net) upgraded the shared server to PHP v5.2.12. Since then my site will not retain the Ata custom settings.
I can only give you a little 'insights' in case it helps.

I have no issues with ATA 3.5.3 on a shared server running:
Apache version 2.2.15
PHP version 5.2.13
MySQL version 5.0.91-community

Curious as to why your host only just upgraded to PHP 5.2.12 instead of 5.2.13
Either way, my guess is it's not the PHP version causing your problems.

Best wishes,

- Vincent

Last edited by vincent; Dec 1, 2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 02:27 PM
bettykin

3 posts · Jul 2010
Vincent,

Thanks for the reply.

I was also surprised to find out my hosting company is running 5.2.12 but that seems to be par for the course with Aplus.net.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 06:51 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The bfa_ata4 is a row in the wp-options table inside the database. Unless there is something causing a rollback of the transaction, once it is written it should remain in the database. If it is changed the next day, I would be all over the host to find out what is causing this to be restored. The reason I would be all over them is if the database is being restored the everything should be gone, not just one record. So if someone went in and made a comment...gone. It you have e-commerce and info is stored in the db...gone. If you add a post...gone.

The bfa_ata4 is just another row in the wp-options table. You need to take a look at all the overnight activity against your database...
Old Dec 6, 2010, 10:53 AM
bettykin

3 posts · Jul 2010
Juggledad,

Thanks for that info. Strangely enough, after I submitted a service ticket with my host, the problem disappeared and now they're running php 5.12.13 on my shared server.

I think we can mark this problem solved.