Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

ok, so i got my header uploaded correctly... now what

Old Apr 13, 2010, 06:27 PM
dirtroad

28 posts · Apr 2010
i thought once i uploaded my header from my computer to the wp files.. my new header would show up..
humm obviously that is not the case..
so how do i continue the process..
please give in instructions in plain english (easy to understand instructions)as i am not css/html savvy
as always and thankx
Old Apr 13, 2010, 06:50 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is the url?
Where did you upload the header to?
do you have '%image' as one of the options in ato->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Configure Header Area
How big is your image (height and width)?
Old Apr 13, 2010, 08:57 PM
dirtroad

28 posts · Apr 2010
Hi here are the answers to your questions...
Ata version 3.4.6
wp 2.9.2
this is the image i uploaded

http://www.bestbirthcontrol.org/wp-c...sed4-final.jpg

........org/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header/header-Revised4-final.jpg

size 1000x130

URL http://www.bestbirthcontrol.org/

i thought i uploaded it to the correct folder, see above i used a plugin to upload the file, but was uploaded correctly

do you have '%image' as one of the options in ato->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Configure Header Area
I think it is all on the default.. i just changed a text font size.
and beside i really don't know what it means.. sorry
thanks

Last edited by dirtroad; Apr 13, 2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 03:55 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
check to see if you have two versions of teh theme installed, one in a folder called 'atahualpa' and one in a folder called 'atahualpa346'

you are currently using the theme in the 'atahualpa346' folder, so you image should go in themes/atahualpa346/images/header, but you have put it in themes/atahualpa/images/header.

so move it to themes/atahualpa346/images/header and remove teh existing three images in that folder and you should be set.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 09:19 AM
dirtroad

28 posts · Apr 2010
Thanks Juggledad.. unfortunately i really only have some experience using the WP dashboard.. and
any manipulating that needs to be done with files.. uploading.. etc at cpanel i presume.. i am at a loss.
i will save your message and try and outsource this task..
unless you have any ideas..
thanks the eternal.....me
Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:24 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Go to dashboard->settings->themes and see if there are TWO Atahualpa selections. One should be for version 3.4.6, select that one and go look at the page and see if you get the image. If they are both for 3.4.6, try one, then try the other
Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:55 AM
dirtroad

28 posts · Apr 2010
nope only saw the one. 3.4.6 but did notice this message see below.. more

Broken Themes

The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template.
Name Description
atahualpa Stylesheet is missing.

what do ya think?
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:29 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I think you attempted to load the theme via the wordpress automatic install and it failed, then you manually uploaded it as atahualpa346.

Then you ftp'd the images to the atahualpa/images/header folder and now you need to ftp it to the atahualpa346/images/header folder and delete the images that are there
Old Apr 14, 2010, 02:12 PM
dirtroad

28 posts · Apr 2010
okay i will save this message and find some to hire to to that.. thanks for clarifying and seeing where the problem is.
as i said fpt.. file stuff is not me strong suit yes i did upload it with the WP automatic upload plugin.. thought when i found this plugin . it was the answer to my issues of what I DON"T KNOW!
sign me.. as always
Old Apr 14, 2010, 04:07 PM
dirtroad

28 posts · Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
I think you attempted to load the theme via the wordpress automatic install and it failed, then you manually uploaded it as atahualpa346.

Then you ftp'd the images to the atahualpa/images/header folder and now you need to ftp it to the atahualpa346/images/header folder and delete the images that are there
actually the first time i uploaded it.. it said it was successful.. and i didn't go back and do anything manually
what about if i just go and upload the file again.. but make sure it goes into that folder atahualpa346??