Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

atahualpa 367 image bullets

Old Jun 15, 2011, 08:52 AM
ugo3d

2 posts · Jun 2011
How can i set a custom image instead grey vertical bars ?
Old Jun 15, 2011, 06:06 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Perhaps somthing like the following selector with a background declaration that points to the image of your choice.?
div.widget ul li {
HTML Code:
padding: 1px 5px 1px 12px !important;
background: url('/wp-content/themes/atahualpa366/images/bullets/round-gray.gif') no-repeat 0 7px;
}
Old Jun 16, 2011, 07:22 AM
ugo3d

2 posts · Jun 2011
sorry, it works but i still have the grey vertical bars ..

Last edited by ugo3d; Jun 16, 2011 at 08:06 AM.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 06:16 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Go into ATO>Style Widgets and set the "Left Border Width for Links" to 0.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 06:55 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
A suggestion: since so many people don't like the gray bars, how about future iterations of ATA having something more generic and humble, like a circle or dash?
Old Jun 16, 2011, 06:57 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I will send along the suggestion.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 01:14 PM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
I am confused (not diffiult at all to achieve) by the topic of bullets. Te more I read, the more confused I become (see what i mean.)

I appears there are multple places where bullets are configured?

There seem to be are Widget bullets that are not the same thing as Page bullets? I mean, if they are the same thing, why call them Widget bullets?

My goal is simple, which suggests that the solution is going to be complicated. But hey, bring it on (we all know how well that works out in international conflicts, hmmmm?)

I want all bullets to be the same. Either arrows or dots or whatever. Anyhting but those gray bars. If the images do not exist, I can create them in Photoshop. But since the (ugly) bars are generated as CSS, I don't know where or how to replace them in all instances, with the image.

May I have a step by step tutorial (or a link to one, which I am surprised not find, if it already exists)?

Thanks for the excellent support here in the forums. It is a major factor in the success of ATA and I am pleased to support it with occasional donations. .