Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

[SOLVED] Suddenly no one can leave comments

Old Nov 6, 2010, 07:36 PM
flamingseed

5 posts · Nov 2010
Hi--
I'm having a problem with comments on my wordpress blog. For the first post, people were able to leave them fine. But on the second post, 6 readers sent me e-mails saying they couldn't leave a comment. When I am logged in, I can leave a comment, but when logged out this message comes up:
"invalid. no spam please!" On the tab associated with this page, it says: "wrong hcaptcha code."

The url is http://flamingseed.com/2010/11/no-su...nary/#more-664

I tried disabling Akismet to see if it was the cause, but the same message comes up. That is the only spam blocker on the site.

I am using WP 3.01 and Ahatualpa 3.4.9

I don't know html so don't know how to check the code.

Thanks for your help!

(This theme is wonderful and glad to find this forum. Glad to donate... no other way I could have created the site I wanted with my limited knowledge.)
Old Nov 7, 2010, 06:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
it has something to do with the wp-hookman-captcha plugin
Old Nov 7, 2010, 06:40 AM
flamingseed

5 posts · Nov 2010
did that plug in install with askimet? because I didn't install it. any suggestions on where to go from here to get the comments to work again?
Old Nov 7, 2010, 11:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
don't think so. I'd look in your plugin folder to see if it is in there.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 06:26 PM
flamingseed

5 posts · Nov 2010
Yup, it was there. I deinstalled it and they work again. Maybe over time, what to check will become obvious to me--as this seems pretty obvious after you point it out.... Thanks.