Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Text Boxes For Theme Options

Old Sep 9, 2009, 12:36 AM
AllRoCol

4 posts · Sep 2009
Hi,

I'm wondering.. Are the text boxes supposed to be so small or is a problem on my end? I'm having problems with it cutting off code and no matter what I do, the whole code seems to rarely go through. All my text boxes for theme options are single lines in length, like the title box for this forum post. I would find it easier if it were like the forum post box itself. This is my first day using the theme, so perhaps I am doing something wrong or this is how it is supposed to be.

Thanks.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 09:01 AM
daniel3ub

26 posts · Jul 2009
They used to work just fine until one or two days ago here. They are supposed to expand as you type more text, but it just stopped working some days ago.

Still, you can click on the box and select all (with ctrl+A), then copy and past in a text editor. It's not the way it meant to be, but it works until somebody works on the issue.

Some info on this, guys?
Old Sep 10, 2009, 01:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of WordPress? Does this happen with thhe default theme and in the WordPress options in the backend?
Old Sep 10, 2009, 04:06 PM
AllRoCol

4 posts · Sep 2009
I'm using 2.8.4, without any plugins even installed at this point. I was simply setting it up on a clean install and it was doing that. I have nothing else to go on, since that was the first time I even used the theme. I didn't know if it was normal or not. I am seeing no other problems on the site or in the backend. Just the options for this theme are all one line, non-expanding.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 04:19 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what browser? Can you try another one. Do you see three slanted lines in the bottom right of the box?
Do you see the same effect when you edit a post - ie. can you resize the text box there?
Old Sep 10, 2009, 04:30 PM
AllRoCol

4 posts · Sep 2009
I see no lines, but... It does work on Internet Explorer. Must be a Firefox issue?.?. Tested on 3.5.2 and 3.5.3 of Firefox and it didn't work on either one.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 06:55 PM
daniel3ub

26 posts · Jul 2009
Using 2.8.3. Cannot test in other browser than firefox.
It worked until some days ago. Don't remember updating or upgrading firefox.
In the posts page everything works well. It's just on the dinamically size-changing fields that it's not working.
Are there more of those fields in the normal WP installation? I cannot find any.
I noticed the issue when editing the CSS Inserts field in Atahualpa options.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 04:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I just checked on Firefox 3.5.2 on the MAC and same issue - however, if you endtr a line and hit return, the box gets bigger
Old Sep 12, 2009, 12:02 PM
daniel3ub

26 posts · Jul 2009
Nope. In firefox 3.0.13 in Ubuntu the "enter on the end of the line" trick does not work.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 02:10 PM
LindaS

3 posts · Sep 2009
Any fixes to this issue? I just upgraded to WP 3.0 and ATA 3.5.1 from ATA 3.4.6. (Because I had briefly tried 3.4.9, I used the delete 'bfa_ata4' button.) In ATA 3.5.1, the interface for user input text boxes (such as CSS Inserts) is no longer expanding the boxes to display the complete entry, but only displaying the first line. The only way to see what is contained in the box is to "select all", then copy and paste into Notepad. I've tried in both Firefox 3.6.6 and Safari 5.0. I do see the three slanted lines in Safari but not in Firefox.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 02:18 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I know there have been some plugin conflicts that cause this issue. If I remember correctly one of them was a calendar plugin.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 02:52 PM
LindaS

3 posts · Sep 2009
Thanks for the tip. I deactivated all my plugins, then reactivated them one by one. The culprit was WP-o-Matic, which is supposed to enable administrators to create posts automatically from RSS/Atom feeds. I'll have to find another option for that.