Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » RSS, Feeds & Subscribing »

[SOLVED] Want RSS Header Icon to remain orange all the time

Old Jan 17, 2011, 08:40 PM
timmoj

13 posts · Feb 2010
I wish to have my RSS icon in the header a solid orange all of the time (not just when you hover over it). I read an earlier post (Feed icons grey in header area. Can’t be seen), and in that reply juggledad provided a solution, namely, add the following to ‘CSS Inserts’ for the RSS icon:

a.comments-icon:link,a.comments-icon:active,a.comments-icon:visited {
background:transparent url(http://www.bfmcmillen.com/virtuallee...es/comment.png) no-repeat scroll center left
}

I am a novice and was wondering if you could provide me with slightly more detailed instructions for cutting and pasting that code so that the RSS icon remains orange all the time.

Thank you,

Timothy M Mojonnier
Old Jan 18, 2011, 05:01 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
easy way, make a copy of the orange icon and name it the name of the grey icon, that way you have two orange icons.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 08:21 PM
timmoj

13 posts · Feb 2010
What you suggested makes complete sense, and I think that I did what you suggested, yet there was no change. I went to the folder ATA/images and found the "grey" icon = rss-gray.png. I then changed it to the same color as the orange icon (rss.png), and saved it. Still, the grey icon remains in place, unless you hover over it.

Is there something that I am missing here... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim
Old Jan 19, 2011, 08:40 PM
timmoj

13 posts · Feb 2010
In solving another problem with another thread (having the RSS button appear below each post), I eliminated a <p> in the code. For whatever reason, having done that, the organge icon remains orange all the time. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP IN MY SOLVING THIS PROBLEM. CASE CLOSED.