Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

sliding panel plugin and ie page placement

Old Jul 17, 2009, 12:02 PM
bushtool

93 posts · May 2009
The wordpress plugin sliding panel works fine in firefox and chrome. www.d4v.org (see "open" tab at top of the page).

However in IE, the panel shows up half way across the page and goes off the right side of the page.

any ideas for a fix - IE suks
Old Jul 22, 2009, 10:32 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Try putting (the code for) it inside the div#wrapper or even inside the header section td#header. Right now you have it completely outside the Atahualpa layout
Old Jul 22, 2009, 11:00 AM
bushtool

93 posts · May 2009
Ok I tried

<td id="header"><?php if ( function_exists( 'get_sliding_panel' ) ) get_sliding_panel(); ?></td>

<td id="wrapper"><?php if ( function_exists( 'get_sliding_panel' ) ) get_sliding_panel(); ?></td>

<div id="header"><?php if ( function_exists( 'get_sliding_panel' ) ) get_sliding_panel(); ?></div>

<div id="wrapper"><?php if ( function_exists( 'get_sliding_panel' ) ) get_sliding_panel(); ?></div>

All of these work fine in firefox. None of these fix the IE alignment problem with it beginning half way across the page. (made sure the wp cache was off and the browser cache was cleared)
Old Jul 22, 2009, 12:47 PM
bushtool

93 posts · May 2009
I posted the code into the actual header.php (rather than atahualpa options html/css inserts) file after the wrapper and container divs and it fixed it in IE. But now it is spilling over the right side in Firefox. ugh.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 12:49 PM
bushtool

93 posts · May 2009
also just noticed the forecast weather widget is displaying the data differently in IE than firefox. In IE it is floating to the right side rather than a left and right column that shows up in firefox.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 07:27 PM
bushtool

93 posts · May 2009
I fixed the floating to the right problem in IE for the forecast widget in the above reply so ignore that.

Now I just need to fix the panel being off the right side in Firefox and all will be good.

Thanks for your help Flynn.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 12:07 PM
bushtool

93 posts · May 2009
Just noticed also that the sliding panel plugin is now causing the menu bar not to be clickable in Chrome only.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 12:43 PM
bushtool

93 posts · May 2009
fixed the Chrome menu bar problem by eliminating the padding above the menu bar.

Still cannot figure out why in Firefox only the panel goes off the right side.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 10:15 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Please see if this works in the Default theme, Also set Javascript to external in Atahualpa.

You could also just create all this by coyping this section in js.php

/* toggle "you can use these xhtml tags" */
jQuery("a.xhtmltags").
click(function(){
jQuery("div.xhtml-tags").slideToggle(300);
});

i.e. as

/* toggle "div.mytogglecontainer" */
jQuery("a.mytogglelink").
click(function(){
jQuery("div.mytogglecontainer").slideToggle(300);
});

Then on the page use

<div class="mytogglecontainer">
Hidden Content Here
</div>

The link to slide the container in/out:

<a class="mytogglelink" href="#" onclick="return false;">Show/Hide</a>

And a CSS Insert:

div.mytogglecontainer {
display:none; /* hide container initially */
}
Old Jul 27, 2009, 06:01 PM
bushtool

93 posts · May 2009
Flynn,

I did load the sliding panel in the header.php of the default theme and it does exactly the same thing it did in Atahualpa before I put the code inside the wrapper and container - div statements. So this appears to be an issue with the plugin and not the Atahualpa theme.

I will play around and try to figure out how to implement your javascript alternative but your post may be more than my un-javascript trained mind can handle.

Since there is only a spillover in firefox and it is not very noticeable, I may just leave good enough alone.

Thanks for your help and reply.