Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] 2 Issues: Missing Sprites and Linked Images Won't Resize

Old Oct 18, 2012, 02:55 PM
chicknlil

8 posts · Oct 2012
Greetings to all who read this:

I stumbled across this theme several days ago and have been enjoying it immensely - I've adjusted the colors (including recoloring the sprites to match my new theme choice), but at some point the sprites just...stopped working.

If you mouseover the 'about' section, for instance, you can briefly see a broken image flash up before it disappears.

I tried setting up menus (using the pre-built menu options of menu1 and menu2, with 2 featuring my categories) ... the only thing that continued to show in that navigation bar was the 'about' and it's missing sprite.

I'm not sure if the other problem is related to this - when I use the URL upload for images for my posts, it doesn't resize the images, even if I go into the advanced image properties and manually set the height/width.

I'm okay with CSS (I can stumble along if pointed in the right direction) and do have access to someone with significantly more skill than me, but I'm really at a loss at this point.

Could anyone provide any thoughts or directions?

I'd be happy to send the link to my blog via PM to those interested in helping, but given the nature of the subjectmatter, I'd prefer not to include it in this thread.

Thanks much for taking the time to read this.

Regards.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:42 PM
chicknlil

8 posts · Oct 2012
I'm not sure as to the appropriateness of 'bumping' a post, but these problems persist.

Surely there is someone out there who could assist with this?

I really like this theme, and while these issues are not of an earthshattering nature, they are enough that I'll begin looking elsewhere if I can't get them fixed.

Regards.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:12 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what is the url?
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:32 PM
chicknlil

8 posts · Oct 2012
You should have a new PM from me, sir.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:30 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
the file that is missing is
HTML Code:
http://yourdomain.com/wp-content/themes/montezuma/images/menu-icons-E04CED.png
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:43 PM
chicknlil

8 posts · Oct 2012
Ah, I see what happened there! When I did my bulk find and replace for the color, I changed what file it should be looking for!

Thank you, I never would have caught that (seriously, I was assuming it was something major!).

Any thoughts on getting linked images to resize? Or am I just going to need to start saving images to my space and being able to do them that way?

Regards.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:23 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Point to an example
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:28 PM
chicknlil

8 posts · Oct 2012
Example PM'd.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:42 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
do you use Firebug? If not get into FireFox and down load the Firebug addon.
once you have it installed go to that page and enable it and use the 'inspect' tool (second icon in the menu, looks like a blue rectangle with a blue pointer in it) and select the image.
Now you will see the CSS that is applied to it. take a look at the various CSS and change come of the values and tell me what you find.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:37 PM
chicknlil

8 posts · Oct 2012
Not a firefox fan, chrome user instead, so I inspected the elements and have taken a screencap of what I saw. There's definitely something amuck there - I've forward it via PM.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:41 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
now what happens if you play with some of the CSS settings?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:45 PM
chicknlil

8 posts · Oct 2012
when I uncheck the following

Code:
max-width: 100%;
height: auto;
width: auto;
the image shows at the size as indicated in the img attribute coding.

This seems to indicate this particular bit of coding is in the style.css file - which doesn't appear to be one of the ones that we normally would edit (I can manually edit it and/or upload an edited version, not really an issue) - but do you agree with my assessment?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:54 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
try changing the values in firebug

(that's in the contents..css file)

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 26, 2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:07 PM
chicknlil

8 posts · Oct 2012
I commented out those particular lines in the content.css file - bingo! Now the images correctly take the attributes I set - thank you!

I am rather poor these days, so I have donated 'a beer' - typical thanks from XDA where I also spend a fair bit of time.

Best regards sir, and thank you again - this thread can be marked as solved.