Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

How to get 3 post colums instead of 1 post colums.

Old Mar 4, 2013, 07:42 AM
Tiago

1 posts · Mar 2013
Lightbulb How to get 3 post colums instead of 1 post colums.

Hello,

How can i get 3 posts next to each other instead of 1 post in one column?
For example on the catagory page.
Which page do I have to edit and which part of the css?

Last edited by juggledad; Mar 16, 2014 at 02:00 PM.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 08:31 AM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago
How can i get 3 posts next to each other instead of 1 post in one column?
Which page do I have to edit and which part of the css?
The grid part is pretty easy with MZ. You'd edit whatever main template you were using. Here is a basic post and a more advanced one on grid layouts.

To make the posts layout into the grids will probably require some advanced php. You may want to see the last post in this thread.

You'd probably first sort your posts in reverse chrono. Assuming you'd want your posts to lay out 1, 2, 3 across the first row, then 4, 5, 6 below that, you'd use a "for" loop, starting with the latest thread, and increment your counter by 3, so your first column would have posts 1, 4, 7 .... In the second column, you'd start one higher, so you'd have posts 2, 5, 8 ..., and one higher for the third, ending with 3, 6, 9 ....

P.S. Remember, PHP starts counting array items at 0, so you'd really have 0, 3, 6 ... in the first column, etc.

Last edited by jerryc; Mar 4, 2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 12:45 AM
OsmanSafdar

9 posts · Sep 2012
How can I have 3 posts next to each other like grids in Atahualpa theme? I read everything about this topic on this forum and I still cant get it to work. By 3 posts (3 columns grids), I mean something like this: http://jimyaghi.com/ Here u can see 3 columns with post titles, except and image thumbnails. Is this achievable using Atahualpa?
Old Mar 16, 2014, 02:03 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
Is this achievable using Atahualpa?
Yes. You can use the 'multi column/custom query' template in Atahualpa.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 10:29 AM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
Just to be clear, the example site doesn't list posts next to each other in descending order by date. It's a child theme of TwentyTen that's been modified to have three widget areas which create the columns, and each widget area has a custom list of posts. The left sidebar has posts from about seven different categories, the middle sidebar has posts just from the News category, and the right sidebar has posts from another four or five categories, with a Facebook widget on top.

Hard to tell if the posts were put in by hand or if a plugin was used to generate them, but the same effect can easily be done in Montezuma. A widget area can be created on the left, the center area can display just the posts from a certain category (e.g., News), and a plugin can be used to control which categories of posts appear on the sidebars.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 01:58 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
with Montezuma you can also try this. Add the following CSS to the end of clear fix.css
HTML Code:
div.post {
    width: 33%;
    float: left;
}