Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Sociable plugin and built-in support

Old Dec 29, 2011, 06:12 AM
hlietz

45 posts · Jan 2010
I'm using Atahualpa 3.7.3 and Sociable 4.1.5. Since the "newer" versions of sociable (I guess version 4) the plugin is not working as it did before in combination with the built-in support in Atahualpa: In the ATO >> Edit post/page info items I put the sociable tag at the end of some footers (homepage, multi post pages, single post pages). Unfortunately the plugin doesn't put the sociable icons at the place where I want to put them with the sociable tag, no matter how I set the plugin options in the sociable plugin (I tried almost everything, I guess). Either the icons are put at the beginning of the footer (default plugin settings) or are not shown at all. Before the version 4 of sociable this worked just perfectly ...
Old Dec 29, 2011, 06:42 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try this in 373 edit bfa_postinfo.php and change lines from 462 - 467
HTML Code:
	// For the "Sociable" plugin
	if ( strpos($postinfo_string,'%sociable%') !== FALSE ) {
		$sociable = ( (function_exists('sociable_html2') AND
		function_exists( do_sociable() ) ) ? do_sociable() : "");
		$postinfo = str_replace("%sociable%", $sociable, $postinfo);
	}
to
HTML Code:
	// For the "Sociable" plugin
	if ( strpos($postinfo_string,'%sociable%') !== FALSE ) {
		ob_start(); 
			$sociable = ( (function_exists('sociable_html2') AND function_exists( do_sociable() ) ) ? do_sociable() : "");
			$sociable = ob_get_contents();
		ob_end_clean();
		$postinfo = str_replace("%sociable%", $sociable, $postinfo);
	}
if you want the sociable icons on a new line, in the atahualpa settings use eithor
HTML Code:
<br /> %sociable%
or
HTML Code:
%sociable% <br />
depending on where you want the break to be
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:47 AM
hlietz

45 posts · Jan 2010
Still some strange behaviour: Some icons like «tweet» or «I like» are showing while others like the normal 16 x 16 px icons are not ... Then the aligning is very strange. Not all icons are on one line what makes it look quite messy (see attached file. I selected "twitter", "Facebook", "tweet" and "I like", but only two icons are showing).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2011-12-29 um 16.44.51.png
Views:	965
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	1697  
Old Dec 29, 2011, 01:59 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
do an export of your settings and attach them here (ato->export/import settings)
Old Dec 31, 2011, 06:27 AM
hlietz

45 posts · Jan 2010
I switched to the plugin ShareThis for the moment. There the built-in support (sharethis tag in ATO) works fine. I really think there's something wrong with the sociable plugin (or with the way Atahualpa is dealing with it).