Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » ThemeFrame Presales »

Jump menus and crossover slides pictures

Old Nov 17, 2010, 08:26 AM
tredegar82

2 posts · Nov 2010
Hello everyone,

First of all I am a total beginner, so sorry if my questions seem obvious to you. I want to create a commercial website for my company and I was thinking Wordpress seemed like a nice possibility for me. Then I discovered it was still a bit complicated for me, and I discovered ThemeFrame, which seems to be what I have been looking for : something easy for people like me who don't have too much time to go into all the technical details.
I had two questions concerning ThemeFrame :

- is it possible to create a jump menu with it? (I have a translation agency and my website will be multilingual, so I need to put a jump menu somewhere (I like it better than links) so that people can move between the different languages in my website.

- is it possible to have some kind of crossover slideshow? I want to have several pictures on my frontpage (4 or 5) with a kind of slideshow between each of them. I would probably like to have some link as well on this slideshow (which would include some text) so that if a person clicks on the link she can go to the relevant page.

Thank you in advance for telling me if ThemeFrame can let me do that!

Best regards,

Philippe
Old Nov 17, 2010, 04:38 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It's not really Themeframe that will do what you want but probably a language plugin and a slideshow plugin. I wish I could just give you a link to them but what you use id very dependent on your needs and desired learning curve. Some are easier to implement but may not do all you want and other are powerful but will take longer to understand. I would go to wordpress.org plugins section and search for language and slideshow and try out a few.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 10:31 PM
tredegar82

2 posts · Nov 2010
Thank you for your quick answer, it is really helpful!

Just one last question: I think ThemeFrame could still be a terrific tool to design my website because it seems really easy from the demo I have seen. So I was wondering: is it possible to design a Wordpress theme with ThemeFrame and then embed in it the kind of plugin you are talking about?

Thank you again for your help!

Philippe
Old Nov 18, 2010, 08:31 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Themeframe just creates a theme. You would install any plugins just like any other theme.