Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Google Verify a Site

Old Mar 4, 2009, 09:59 AM
minionette

5 posts · Feb 2009
Coderific here,

I am trying to verify my site with google webmaster tools. they say add a <head> metaname they provide for verification </head> When I look at my homepage in editor it's referring to PHP and I have SEO AI1 running as well. I can't see any of this stuff. I put the comment in the SEO keyword box where I can verify my meta tags are at, using a third party scan. But google can't verify. Can I just go in and add a head comment on my home page? Thanks.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 10:17 AM
owenl

44 posts · Jan 2009
better not to - if you do it that way you just have to keep changing in the future. I strongly recommend the Headspace 2 plugin - it automates most SEO, gives you the ability to tweak metadata on every page and includes in its sitewide tools a simple box to put the verify code into. Then you never have to worry again - it lets you do lots of other stuff too - frankly so much that I have barely scratched the surface after a year using it
Old Mar 4, 2009, 10:39 AM
minionette

5 posts · Feb 2009
Thank you for the info. Does that take the place of the SEO all in one or in conjunction?
Old Mar 4, 2009, 11:47 AM
minionette

5 posts · Feb 2009
For the record. Thanks owen. I did add the plugin and I was successful in getting verified in seconds. Great for the code challenged. I left SEO AI1 running doesn't seem to break anything?
Old Mar 5, 2009, 03:42 PM
owenl

44 posts · Jan 2009
I think it CAN replace SEO All In One - but the one disadvantage with headspace is that to really use its power you need to do a lot of studying - so I can't tell you for sure! However, it is a really well behaved plugin so probably no reason to worry about having both...

anyway, glad it worked...
Old Jul 2, 2009, 07:37 PM
fromtheranks

149 posts · Apr 2009
Dev Env't: XP Pro SP3, IIS 5.1, MySQL 5.1, PHP 5.2.x, WP 2.7.1, Atahualpa 3.3.3, IE 7, FF 3.0.x
As an update.

Headspace 2's --> Site Modules --> Google Webmaster setting does work.

The caveate is that you only enter the "content" portion of the meta tag line that Google gives you, i.e. just the string between the quotes: content="some generated code".

You just want the "some generated code" portion, not even the quotes. Drop that part of the string into HS2's Google Webmaster field, save it, activate it by clicking on the activate checkbox and Google will verify your site.

Hope this helps.