Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Adding New Fonts?

Old Nov 26, 2009, 09:20 AM
DannyLife

40 posts · Nov 2009
Hi, first off.. amazing theme, Im fairly new to all this and finding this theme was honestly inspiring, allowing me to make my blogs look exactly how I want them is extremely fulfilling.

Now, I see that I can change the font family for multiple areas of the theme, but Im a bit of a newbie to this so I have two questions...

1. Which font families are actually available to use for the theme? Is there a list of them anywhere so I know what to enter to change it to my desired font?

2. I have a number of custom fonts that I use for Photoshop etc. Is there a way to upload these and use them with this theme?

Ive had a search round but couldnt find an answer so far, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Danny.L
Old Nov 26, 2009, 10:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
For the most part, the fonts reside on teh viewers computer. Do a web search on 'web safe fonts' and you can read all about it. this isn't a wordpress or Atahualpa issue, it's a web issue
Old Nov 26, 2009, 10:35 AM
DannyLife

40 posts · Nov 2009
Ah, that looks like it will work fine. Thanks for your help!
Old Nov 26, 2009, 10:58 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
There is a plugin called AnyFont that lets you use TrueType and OpenType fonts. I have used it with success. I have not tried this with ATA so I am not sure it will work especially in regards to the item mentioned in the FAQ but I'm going to give it a try.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 05:14 PM
Sakshin

66 posts · Aug 2009
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hi.
I'm tryong the Anyfont plugin and it works but; before every newly generated image of an headline I see these two caracters; ">
I think it's a atahualpa thingy cause on other themes it doesn't show.

Any suggestions?

With regards,
Sakshin.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 05:37 PM
Sakshin

66 posts · Aug 2009
Amsterdam, Netherlands
I found some info in the FAQ here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/anyfont/faq/

But in the index file I cannot find the lines they are referring to. Like:

After enabling the post title replace option on the settings page, all my post titles start with a "> why??

This is quite a common error in themes, but quick and easy to fix, open up your theme's index.php file, look for a line that looks similar to the following:

<h2 class="posttitle"><a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link to <?php the_title(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h2>

The problem lies in the title attribute, it should read:

"Permanent Link to <?php the_title_attribute(); ?>"

Can you please tell me where I can find these lines?

Thanx, Sakshin