Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] Need Help Styling the Gravity Form plugin

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sep 30, 2009, 08:14 AM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Bristol, midcoast Maine USA
[SOLVED] Need Help Styling the Gravity Form plugin

We've been using the CForms II plugin to gather info from our site's visitors. CForms II is powerful and flexible but its user interface ( what we see in the WP Dashboard ) is MISERABLE! ...so much so that I DREAD going in to make any changes or implementing updates.

I'm discovering that he "paid" plugin Gravity Form has an absolutely wonderful interface -- it's actually FUN to go in to change a function, add a new line/field, etc!!

When I asked the Gravity folks about how to "style" the generated forms to "best blend" with the look and feel of my site I received the following:
BTW: Gravity offers "expedited support" to their customers (ie. people who've paid for their plugin) so my info request was "sent" via a plain "Contact Us" form. Despite that, Carl Hancock's response to me via email was very speedy! Full marks for having good "not-yet-a-customer-service"
Wednesday, September 30, 2009 9:14:29 AM

Hello Jim,

Right now in order to do that what you would want to do is copy the CSS from the plugin's stylesheet and place it in your themes CSS file and then turn off the CSS output in the plugin so that only the CSS from your theme is used.

Then you can update and change the CSS all you want without touching the source CSS file.

By keeping the changes with your theme rather than the plugin, it prevents any issues of your changes being overwritten by future upgrades to the plugin. It also means less CSS files being called on the page which is good for performance.

Thanks! Carl Hancock
My question: How do I translate "...copy the CSS from the plugin's stylesheet and place it in your themes CSS file and then turn off the CSS output in the plugin so that only the CSS from your theme is used." into Atahualpa Options?

Jim