Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Running WordPress » Web Hosting for WordPress »

Cheap hosting with no random downtimes??

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 20, 2010, 09:52 AM
BrianB

7 posts · Jul 2010
Cheap hosting with no random downtimes??

I'm concerned about finding a cheap hosting provider that can manage their servers well. Currently, hostgator has started to have unexplained downtimes on my monitoring service at night and a couple of times during the day. Nothing posted in their planned maintenance threads. I'm assuming that their natural cycle is to put new customers on a server until it generates complaints and manage from there...if it doesn't stablize I need to find a new host.

So is anyone using a cheap hosting provider that is consistent and snappy if properly configured w caching? Or anyone been through this with hostgator, do they eventually stabilize? Otherwise I am going to have to do an RFQ for hosting services. sigh.