Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Right Align Title and Tagline

Old Feb 28, 2011, 01:19 AM
Steve_T

59 posts · Jan 2009
I want to right aligh the title and tagline here www.tvcm.co.uk/animex2011 - I've tried all sorts and searched the forum. I've done this before but I've forgotten. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 07:14 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
did you look at the documentation on the option page?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 04:49 AM
Steve_T

59 posts · Jan 2009
I don't see any documentation that refers to this, clearly if I had I would have implimented it.

I added the following to the blog title pararmeters

HTML Code:
text-align: right;
but it doesn't seem to do it
Old Mar 1, 2011, 05:11 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
ato->Header Image->Overlayed Blog Title/Tagline Style
Quote:
Overlayed Blog Title/Tagline Style
The overlayed blog title and blog tagline will be in a div container. Move that container around by changing the margin-top and margin-left values. To right-align the overlayed container, add float: right; and replace margin-left with margin-right. To center it, add float:none; margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto; text-align:center; and, instead of adding margin-top here, add padding-top to the parent container, via HTML/CSS Inserts -> CSS Inserts: div.header-image-container { padding-top: 30px; height: XXXpx; } with XXX = desired image height - padding-top value.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 09:51 AM
Steve_T

59 posts · Jan 2009
OK thanks -where are you seeing that documentation because I'm not exactly aware of where it is.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 09:58 AM
Steve_T

59 posts · Jan 2009
Hm - that solution moves the entire header image over to the right. I only wanted to move the overlayed Blog title
Old Mar 1, 2011, 12:56 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What CSS did you use and Where did you put it?

If you put it in ato->Header Image->Overlayed Blog Title/Tagline Style it shouldn't move teh image

what version are you using?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 01:49 PM
Steve_T

59 posts · Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
What CSS did you use and Where did you put it?

If you put it in ato->Header Image->Overlayed Blog Title/Tagline Style it shouldn't move teh image

what version are you using?
VERSION 3.6.4

CSS I PUT IN

HTML Code:
div.header-image-container { padding-top: 30px; height: 180px; align: right;}
YES I arranged the Blog title to overlay the image
Old Mar 1, 2011, 04:50 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
did you put that css in the 'ato->Header Image->Overlayed Blog Title/Tagline Style' option???
that is not proper, that option just uses the rules no CSS selectors
Old Mar 1, 2011, 11:33 PM
Steve_T

59 posts · Jan 2009
I put it in CSS inserts
Old Mar 2, 2011, 05:13 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
well what you said with that CSS is "move the entire header image container (and everything in it) by these settings.

Now, go back and re-read post#4 once again and go to that option and read what it says
Old Mar 2, 2011, 01:28 PM
Steve_T

59 posts · Jan 2009
I've re-read that info and tried something else but it doesn't work for me. The text you refer to is not a well formed sentence and therefore difficult to understand. I understand that you don't want to spoonfeed me with the answer but in this instance I have no time to be educated bit by bit as i have an event tomorrow that this blog will serve. I will therefore go for a workaround I figured. I'm a little dissapointed, I've donated to this theme. Flynn used to answer questions very effectively - so much so that I reccomended him to Matt Mullenwig. I don't know who you are but your cryptic messages as self appointed educator have not been helpful. I shall not be donating to you and I'd appreciate you not answering any of my future questions (if you intend to do so in this manner) - I thought this was a support forum.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 02:03 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Here is a screenshot of that section.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 02:15 PM
Steve_T

59 posts · Jan 2009
Thanks, I've seen that but I struggle to comprehend that. I've gone with my workaround and it's fine so I'm good to go with my event. I'll be reconsidering the themes I use for future projects.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 04:36 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
As an addendum to my screenshot. Positioning that item is a matter of using the proper margins, padding, width, border, etc. in the Overlayed Blog Title/Tagline Style box.