Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] PHP in page prevents PHP in right sidebar from executing

Old Aug 30, 2013, 12:54 PM
dherrenvt

6 posts · Aug 2013
Wordpress 3.6, Atahualpa 3.7.12

Allow PHP In Posts and Pages 3.04.

<http://world.arsu.org>

I use some custom PHP in some pages to access a database of artists and paintings to display selected images to students. That's working fine.

However, I also use some PHP in custom widgets to display various drop-down menus. I actually just php to include an external file for the sidebar widgets.

On any page in which I have accessed the art database, the widgets in the RIGHT sidebar do not work any longer. The left ones still work fine. Eg. <http://world.arsu.org/es/clases/sp3/el-arte-espanol-y-mexicano/velazquez/>

On any page in which I do not access the art database, right and left widgets all work fine. Eg. <http://world.arsu.org/es/clases/sp3/>

I tried manually closing the database connection in my script which accesses the art database, but that had no effect.

Obvious question is does it work in 2013, but I haven't created the custom text widgets in 2013, so I don't know. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 01:09 PM
dherrenvt

6 posts · Aug 2013
additional information:

I have tried disabling other plugins to now avail. I also discovered that if I move the right sidebar widgets to the left side, they to work just fine, plus, I did a quick experiment with 2013 and it's unclear because the layout is so different, but it would appear that the same problem obtains in 2013 as in Atahualpa.

I would paste my "custom" art database access code here, but I don't know if it will survive intact. (How would I include it without it getting munged?)
Old Aug 30, 2013, 01:37 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
without seeing the php you are using, I would guess that the php you are using has corrupted something in the wordpress or Atahualpa data structures.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 02:23 PM
dherrenvt

6 posts · Aug 2013
Resolved!

I don't know why this was never necessary in the theme we used to use, but by adding some code to the function which accessed the artist database to forcibly re-select the wordpress database, right sidebar widgets are working once again.