Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] I have read/searched/experimented but still can't get text to wrap

Old Jan 24, 2011, 03:35 PM
mimilemeu

19 posts · Feb 2010
Hello,

I use Atah 3.4.5 and WP 2.9.1 Here is the site: http://landlit.com/about-me/
I don't recall having this problem before but as you can see I cannot get my text to wrap my image. I went to WP Codex and found this css:
img.alignright {float:right; margin:0 0 1em 1em}
img.alignleft {float:left; margin:0 1em 1em 0}
img.aligncenter {display: block; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto}
a img.alignright {float:right; margin:0 0 1em 1em}
a img.alignleft {float:left; margin:0 1em 1em 0}
a img.aligncenter {display: block; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto}

which I am(Codex) advised to put in my stlye.css file. Then I went to "edit" in the theme appearance but I can't find where I should insert the css. Then I went to Theme"options" –Various Content Items–Add HTML/CSS Inserts and inserted the above css into the last option within that page "CSS INserts. Additionally I deactivated all of my plug-ins but no go. Would really appreciate some input. Thanks!
Old Jan 24, 2011, 04:55 PM
mimilemeu

19 posts · Feb 2010
Can someone please clue me in as to why my question has been ignored?
Old Jan 24, 2011, 07:06 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It looks like you got your wrapping figured out.

As for being ignored... There are two of us who moderate the forum and we aren't always online.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 07:20 PM
mimilemeu

19 posts · Feb 2010
Whew, so glad there's someone out there. Thanks! Moved on to a new problem. Trying to create a pdf download on my site. I have this <A HREF="http://landlit.com/public_ftp/incoming/Shandon-Community-Flyer">Shandon Community Plan Update</A> for a link on this page http://landlit.com/project-documents/ but it won't link up. I uploaded the pdf file by going to my host site (Midphase) front end and uploading the file to the public ftp/incoming folder. Should I move it? I looked everywhere on both wp and bfa (including Google) but can't get it worked out. I think there is something I don't understand about how these files link, etc. Any suggestions?
Old Jan 24, 2011, 07:27 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
First of all I don't see a pdf extension at the end of your file path. Beyond that to put a pdf in a WordPress post or page you should just use the Add Media button in the WP visual editor. There is no need to FTP the file separately.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 07:28 PM
mimilemeu

19 posts · Feb 2010
OH, btw, I shoould tell you that I've already tried the wp-content file-same problem. And btw the pdf is 1.66MB. Okay thanks for your input!
Old Jan 24, 2011, 07:34 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
If you want to upload where you did the code you would use is
HTML Code:
<a href="http://landlit.com/public_ftp/incoming/Shandon-Community-Flyer.pdf">Shandon Community Plan Update</a>
I am assuming that the name of the pdf is Shandon-Community-Flyer.pdf (case sensitive) and is in the incoming folder at the root of your site.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 07:37 PM
mimilemeu

19 posts · Feb 2010
Right, I just noticed the missing pdf extension and fixed it. Having the same trouble though. I did try to upload it through the Media button but I don't want a "picture" of the documrnt I want to do a pdf download-It is a two page document. I don't think the Media button handles that unless there's something I am overlooking. I want to be able to push on the words "Shandon community Plan Update" and have the document download.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 07:44 PM
mimilemeu

19 posts · Feb 2010
Yes, that is exactly what I have except that the file is actually Shandon-Community-Flyer-1.pdf because there was the original upload of the exact same file into wp-content folder. I just re-did the code-still getting "Not Found."
Old Jan 24, 2011, 07:45 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I use the media button all the time for pdf uploades. It's the sun shaped icon that shows the words "Add Media" when hovered. After uploading just change the title in the dialog to the words you want to show.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 07:58 PM
mimilemeu

19 posts · Feb 2010
I was using the Media button on the left-hand list. Which I now understand is more or less a library.(Although I was thinking that because the pdf was "attached to the appropriate page....) But using the sun icon put the doc directly into the page and IT WORKED!! Yea. Oh well I learned some code and now I understand everything more clearly so next time I won't be such a geek!
Thanks so much! Cheers.