Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] next/previous navigation link style

Old Aug 27, 2013, 01:52 PM
dmahaffey

5 posts · Mar 2012
[SOLVED] next/previous navigation link style

In Atahualpa 3.7.12, under Options --> Next/Previous Navigation I have updated the style for navigation TOP box, which is displaying.

And in CSS inserts I have added:
.older a, .newer a {color:red !important};
.older a:hover, .newer a:hover {color:black !important};

I have searched the forum for an answer, which is how I found the CSS inserts, but that's not working.

I am still unable to change the color of the next/previous navigation links. What am I doing wrong? You can check a sample post here: http://davidthegreat.com/2013/07/ano...ess-blog-post/

Last edited by dmahaffey; Aug 27, 2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 02:03 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Have you tried looking at it with the examine feature in the firebug extension of Firefox to see what css is being applied?
Old Aug 27, 2013, 02:08 PM
dmahaffey

5 posts · Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
Have you tried looking at it with the examine feature in the firebug extension of Firefox to see what css is being applied?
Yes, though I used Chrome's inspection tool, not Firefox's (hence the webkit stuff). I see:
media="all"
a {
}
user agent stylesheeta:-webkit-any-link {
color: -webkit-link;
text-decoration: underline;
cursor: auto;
}
Inherited from div.older
div.older {
text-align: left;
}
Inherited from div.clearfix.navigation-top
div.navigation-top {
font-size: 14px;
font-family: 'Open Sans Condensed',sans-serif;
text-transform: uppercase;
font-weight: normal;
}
I'd also like to note that the style shown isn't even the default link style set in Atahualpa. It's just the browser default.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 02:26 PM
dmahaffey

5 posts · Mar 2012
Well, there must be a conflict elsewhere in my CSS inserts. I moved these to the top of the list and the links are now being styled properly.

Thanks, in any case. It's been a while since I'd donated, so I have made a contribution in appreciation of your omnipresence here.