Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Header images are not clickable

Old Jul 30, 2013, 10:29 AM
pangelis

10 posts · Mar 2012
Header images are not clickable

Hello everyone,

I've updated to Atahualpa version 3.7.12 and while I find it a major update, as it allows us to proceed to future updates without losing our headers and logs (via the new image locations section), there is a glitch in my case. The header images are not clickable. The "Make Header Images Clickable" is set to "Yes", but to no avail. I've deactivated all my plugins to see if it would fix this, nada. I reuploaded a fresh copy of the newest version of Atahualpa but still nothing.

My site is onlinenetdynamics.com.

I can live without the header images being clickable (my logo and title have this capability), but I would like to find a solution to this. I've tested many options within the Atahualpa features, clickability has left the building.

What I have noticed though, is when I refresh the site and immediately place the mouse cursor over the header, for a split second it is clickable.

Any ideas?
Best,
Pete
Old Jul 30, 2013, 10:41 AM
pangelis

10 posts · Mar 2012
Ah I forgot to mention: If I set Fade in/out header images with Javascript? to 0, the when I place the cursor over the header, the header is totally greyed out AND clickable. I remember in previous versions that the headers rotated with a fade in effect and could be clicked on, without this awful greyout affect and the abrupt rotating. Is this a general glitch in the newest version, or is it only happening to me?

Best,
Pete
Old Jul 30, 2013, 11:09 AM
pangelis

10 posts · Mar 2012
Oh no... I just saw a post reply from Juggledad stating "If you use fade in/out, the header images will not be clickable." I previously searched for an answer but missed that one. Blame it on extreme wishful thinking on my part for remembering that they could be clicked on with the fade in effect activated, obviously I was wrong.

Which really brings us down to the greyout effect, is that the norm? Can it be changed by some tweak?

Best,
Pete
Old Jul 30, 2013, 01:56 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
There is a hover attribute that is causing that. I would look through any CSS you have added in the CSS Inserts.

Last edited by juggledad; Jul 30, 2013 at 02:28 PM.