Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Menu Image and Contact Form

Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:41 AM
bushwalkingJH

6 posts · Nov 2012
[SOLVED] Menu Image and Contact Form

Hi there,

First off thanks for making this Montezuma template free it is amazing.
I've been browsing through the forum and see lots of people have what i believe to be custom images for their menu...

Where can I get those icons? do i need to make them in PSD? and how do i insert them there? As is my site has two pages http://hammyenterprise.com/Bushwalking
Then also other sites have a contact form is that just a good old fashioned html form? or is it a widget?

Thanks.

JH
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:07 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
There are 100 included icons. The instructions for using them is laid out in the Using Menu Icons section of the theme options. It also describes how to create your own.

Contact forms are generally created with a plugin. The JetPack plugin that is usually installed with WordPress has a forms component as well.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:04 PM
bushwalkingJH

6 posts · Nov 2012
Thanks for the quick reply
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:33 PM
bushwalkingJH

6 posts · Nov 2012
I believe i have done this correctly.
Code:
#menu1 .about > a > i { background-position: 0px 0px; }
#menu1 .page-news > a > i { background-position: 0px -888px; }
#menu1 .sample-page > a > i { background-position: 0px -1824px; }
#menu1 .about:hover > a > i, #menu1 .about.active > a > i { background-position: -24px 0px; }
#menu1 .page-news:hover > a > i, #menu1 .page-news.active > a > i { background-position: -24px -24px; }
#menu1 .sample-page:hover > a > i, #menu1 .sample-page.active > a > i { background-position: -24px -48px; }
This i have inserted onto menus_menu1.css yet when i refresh my page (ctrl f5) the icons have not been updated, what is it i am doing wrong?

Thanks.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:34 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The class names are incorrect I beleive they should be '#menu1 .page-about...' etc
Take a look at the source of a page.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:03 PM
bushwalkingJH

6 posts · Nov 2012
That worked perfectly Thanks, however now when i am on the page the image stays blue and does not resort back to being grey... what did i do wrong now

Also I have added the contact form :D but the page can only be gotten to from the homepage, when i am on any of the other pages the contact us page doesnt appear.
http://hammyenterprise.com/Bushwalking/

Last edited by bushwalkingJH; Nov 19, 2012 at 06:29 PM.