Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

New widget area and category conflict

Old Apr 15, 2010, 08:42 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I just noticed this odd problem:

I have several new widget areas in the ATO/Center Column/Above the Loop, which show specific left sidebar content depending on which category page you're on. For instance, I have this one, which shows the Enhanced Recent Posts widget only when you are in the Dine and Wine category, or on a Dine and Wine post:
Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=dineandwine'); ?>

For the widget itself, I have this in the Widget Logic field:
Code:
is_category(103) || (is_single() && in_category(103))
for that Enhanced Recent Posts widget.

Everything was fine. However, yesterday I posted a new article about the opening of a new specialty foods market, and I assigned it the News and Dine and Wine categories. When published, suddenly the Dine and Wine Enhanced Recent Posts widget started showing up on the front page in the left column, ahead of the left column ads that should be first. If I remove the Dine and Wine category from the post, all goes back to normal. It's set for just News now, so you can't see the problem in action. I wonder if I have something set wrong, but I can't figure out what.

This may be beyond the scope of this forum, but I thought it was interesting anyway.

The post in question: http://www.larchmontgazette.com/news...-pelham-manor/
Old Apr 15, 2010, 09:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What category is 'news' and what category is 'wine and dine'?
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:10 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
News=Category 3
Wine and Dine= Category 103
Old Apr 15, 2010, 11:03 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Just tried to reproduce and I don't get the problem. There must be some tie in with other things you have done on the site.