Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Comment and Post notifiers

Old Apr 20, 2009, 10:47 PM
perdox808

51 posts · Apr 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Send a message via Skype™ to perdox808
One of the best plugins I am using at the moment is Comment Change Status. This is a very simple plugin but extremely useful and does not have any problems with Atahualpa or any other theme I would imagine. It can be found at http://taller.pequelia.es/plugins/co...change-status/.

Once installed, you configure it through the Settings>Discussion panel. Just before the heading Avatars, you will see a field with the field name Change Comment Status. You simply enter the email address of where Comment Change Status should send its notifications.

So what does it do? It notifies the email address you enter that a comment is awaiting moderation. So what you say. Well, the beauty of this plugin lies in the fact that the email contains a link that when you activate it, approves the comment without you having to log into your Admin page! What's more, it displays the comment in its entirety.

I have my emails going to my MobileMe account. When I receive the email from this plugin on my iPhone, I read the comment and I click on the approve link. Voila! The comment is approved without me having to log on to my admin area. It saves a lot of time and mucking around. This is a great feature that I thought I would share with you.

Having seen the usefulness of this plugin, I started to hunt for a similar plugin that would do the same for Posts. I found one called WP Status Notifier. This plugin can be found at http://wordpresssupplies.com/wordpre...atus-notifier/.

On the website, one of the features listed is that:
Quote:
It includes a link in the email to edit and/or approve the post in the notification email.
Wow. My eyes lit up. I installed it and it does send me the email but alas, there is no 'approve it' link in the email. Also, it does not show the content of the Post. A bit of a let down.

I have left a comment for the author but I haven't heard back yet. But then again, most of the comments left on the website seem to be ignored so I'm not holding my breath.

Does anyone use this plugin? Is my interpretation of the features correct? That is, is it supposed to have link that approves the post without having to log in to the admin area?

Does anyone know of a plugin that will do for posts what Comment Change Status does for comments?

Thanks in advance.