Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Autoupgrading atahualpa 3.6.4 over 3.5.3 currently in folder atahualpa3.5.3

Old Apr 19, 2011, 08:27 PM
NoahS

Autoupgrading atahualpa 3.6.4 over 3.5.3 currently in folder atahualpa3.5.3

Hi, (this is for my client site charlesfaulkner.com).

For various reasons, my upgrade to 3.5.3 was installed to a separate folder (/atahualpa353) than the atahualpa folder (/atahualpa) of the prior theme version. Now I see that wordpress prompts me to autoupdate the older theme version to 3.6.4, but the currently running theme version is 3.5.3. My question is whether I can use the automatic upgrade to install 3.6.4 somehow (even though the dashboard does not prompt me to do so), or if there is a convenient way to rename the folder, or edit the database, to allow the dashboard to recognize the currently running atahaulpa theme as deserving an autoupgrade.

If this is covered in the docs somewhere, please let me know.

If it's relevant, my reasons are to avoid making settings adjustments or having to export/import with whatever results that might (not) have for the upgraded 3.6.4 theme on the site.

Thanks for any help,

Noah

Last edited by NoahS; Apr 19, 2011 at 08:28 PM. Reason: to make an additional point
Old Apr 19, 2011, 08:51 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
3.5.3 being in a separate folder is the way we recommend so that you can fall back to the earlier version if necessary.

So you should just upload 3.6.4 into yet another folder and not use the auto upgrade. The instructions for this are in the FAQ forum.