Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] WP-Postviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 27, 2013, 09:13 AM
emanuel1969

133 posts · Apr 2010
California
Send a message via Skype™ to emanuel1969
[SOLVED] WP-Postviews

Hi, I'm trying to use WP_Postviews and the instructions say to put the following code into the theme's index.php file where you want it to appear:

<?php if(function_exists('the_views')) { the_views(); } ?>

This works. I put it after the by-line. However, it looks terrible (and it appears universally on all pages). I would like instead to add it to Post/Page info items just on single pages. However, when I put it in there, it doesn't work. The plugin also says I can use this variable:

%VIEW_COUNT%

Yet when I try that it also doesn't work (it shows the actual text).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Emanuel