Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

WP-NicEdit Plugin ok with post but not ok with pages

Old Dec 28, 2008, 04:20 PM
Ponics

14 posts · Dec 2008
Costa Rica
Hi again!

The WP-NicEdit at http://geekytalks.com/2008/11/wp-nic...-released.html works:

1) fine with posts
2) not fine with pages

With pages, it shows up but it is squeezed, like compressed. If you click on any pages on my site you will see what I mean!

No big deal! I will disable comments on pages later on , the time for you to see it!

If that can help!

Thanks again!

Roger Pilon, Caretaker
ponics.org
Old Dec 28, 2008, 04:44 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
It seems to be a browser issue? It works for me in Firefox 2 & 3, for both pages and posts, in both Atahualpa and the default theme. It is squeezed for me in IE7, for both posts and pages in Atahualpa and on posts in the default theme (have not tried pages in the default theme as comments aren't enabled there).
Old Dec 28, 2008, 04:49 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
BTW this is a similar plugin even though it is less graphical and has less buttons http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...tags/download/ and it works
Old Dec 29, 2008, 07:57 AM
Ponics

14 posts · Dec 2008
Costa Rica
Flyn,

I can see that you are the kind of person that do not hesitate to go to the extra mile to help users. Thanks for the link for the Comment Nice Editor. I really appreciate that!

I went there (link provided) and it seems that it need to edit the template in order to make it work. No big deal, it is just one line to add.

However, I always try to make the minimum changes because of updates. That brings a question! It sems that there is a new trend in templates design. I am sure you heard of it: " Child Themes".

Do you intend to go in that direction in 2009 or because Atahuelpa is so special that it would be a complete rewrote of the code?

Just curious!

Roger Pilon, Caretaker
ponics.org
Old Dec 29, 2008, 08:09 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The LMB Box comment quicktags should work out of the box, Atahualpa already checks if it is installed and displays the buttons above the comments form. Did that not work?

As for child themes, I thought about separating functionality and style and being able to export/import new styles including graphics but I am not sure whether that would be built into Atahualpa, it would probably be a new theme.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 04:55 PM
Ponics

14 posts · Dec 2008
Costa Rica
Flyn,

That plug in LMB^Box Comment Quicktag works fine on both Firefox and Exp (like tested by you). Not the most fancy but it does not broke.

Thanks to went the extra mile!

Roger Pilon, Caretaker
ponics.org
Old Jun 12, 2009, 12:07 PM
fromtheranks

149 posts · Apr 2009
Dev Env't: XP Pro SP3, IIS 5.1, MySQL 5.1, PHP 5.2.x, WP 2.7.1, Atahualpa 3.3.3, IE 7, FF 3.0.x
I am mid building my site and want to add the LMB Box Comment Quicktags ... as recommended in the Plugins notes on the theme options page. But.

I am a bit concerned that (a) development has (seems to have) stopped and (b) that the author of the plugin states that it is only tested through WP 2.0.

Has anyone had any issues with this plugin in WP2.7.1?
Old Jun 18, 2009, 04:09 PM
fromtheranks

149 posts · Apr 2009
Dev Env't: XP Pro SP3, IIS 5.1, MySQL 5.1, PHP 5.2.x, WP 2.7.1, Atahualpa 3.3.3, IE 7, FF 3.0.x
As an update on the LMB^Box Comment Quicktags plugin (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...t-quicktags/):

Flynn was correct.

Even though the plugin hasn't been updated for a while (which was a concern for me) ... it installed easily and flawlessly.

After dropping the lmbbox-comment-quicktags.php file into the ..\plugins folder and activating it ... it shows up just above the Leave A Reply/Leave A Comment form ... without doing another thing.

You can tweak to taste (add or disable buttons) if you wish but that isn't necessary.

I love it when "things" work as advertised!