Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

text formatting changes when word doc pasted into a new page

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Apr 25, 2012, 05:35 PM
jberman695

1 posts · Apr 2012
text formatting changes when word doc pasted into a new page

I pasted an entire word doc into a new page and some of the text formatting changed. It seemed to be random. I was able to correct it as well as add some
other formatting changes like indents for paragraphs, but after publishing it,
it reverted back to before I added the changes. Finally I got the paragraph indents to hold, and then changed the font color of a link. The color changed, but
all the paragraph indents were knocked out again. I put them back in and this time everything held. When working on the paragraph indent problem, I tried spacing with the visual editor, and also tried the html using codes for spacing or new paragraphs.
Even though I was able to complete needed formatting changes, this is not practical for the blog's owner. She needs to be able to upload articles to new
pages, make minor formatting edits as needed, and click to publish it without any
hassels about having to add codes or make the changes 3 or 4 times before they stick.
I also tried emptying temp files while working on this problem to eliminate the possibility that the browser was pulling a wrong older version of a file up.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.