Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] All Of A Sudden-All Categories & Tags Have Been Removed!!

Old Jun 3, 2009, 07:46 AM
OneSister

15 posts · Apr 2009
I've been chugging along blogging every day for nearly two months. Everything's fine and I check the blog this morning and all tags and categories are no longer associated with each entry. Everything was fine at midnight, then this morning I noticed Akismet had a new version available so I did the auto-update and that's when I noticed the empty grey bar where tags and categories are listed under each post. I have no idea if it's just coincidental. I tried to deactivate Akismet hoping that was the problem but the tags and categories are still missing. If I try to add them again THEY STILL DO NOT SHOW UP!

When I go to the tags section of the dashboard they're there, but when I go to the category section, there are NO categories listed. I hope someone knows what this is. Please help.

Blog address: http://www.sisterspetpics.com/blog

Last edited by OneSister; Jun 3, 2009 at 07:54 AM.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 09:15 AM
OneSister

15 posts · Apr 2009
Sorry for taking up your bandwidth over here. I panicked. It appears the problem is my host. I don't understand it, of course, but first the tags and categories disappeared, the next thing I know the whole blog goes down. Why the tags and categories get dropped...then the site??? Oh well. I contact them. They tell me they know, they're working on the problem. I just refreshed and all seems to be well...for the moment.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 11:17 PM
willh

3 posts · Oct 2009
I too had this happen over the weekend and also suspect my hosting company. Can anyone explain why this happens?

What is interesting is when I try to recreate the categories, WP says they already exist. I also cannot add posts or update text widgets (and many other things I suppose). Any insight I can take to my hosting company to resolve this quickly would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Will

Last edited by willh; Oct 11, 2009 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Screenshot wasn't showing up.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 05:49 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I can think of any number of reasons this could have happened. Your host might have been doing an upgrade/maintenance/moving your site to a new server, had a problem with the server.

If you were in the process of viewing the site at that time, the database might have been off line. If it was scheduled maintenance, you should have gotten a email from them (at least my host sends me emails when they schedule maintenance)