Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Can Sidebar Widgets be changed from page to page?

Old Oct 3, 2009, 04:35 PM
kippiper

135 posts · Jun 2009
My client wants different information in the right sidebar on each page.

The draft site is http://www.bestbiztips.com/quickmedquote. (His original site is http://www.quickmedquote.com so you can see the current right margin info on each page. This site was made by someone else using a CSS template.)

I realize this is probably a WordPress question more than a theme question.

Is there a way to have different sidebar widgets on each page?

Thanks bunches!

KIP
Old Oct 3, 2009, 08:02 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
take a look at the widget logic plugin
Old Oct 4, 2009, 07:03 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
As JD said, try Widget Logic, to position widgets in certain places. I also use PHP Code plugin, Query Posts, Enhanced Recent Posts and the text widget, to get specific information to show up in the right and left sidebars while viewing posts in certain categories.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:54 AM
kippiper

135 posts · Jun 2009
Thanks paulae!

My experience with the PHP code is limited, but from the plug-ins examples, it looks pretty straightforward.

For the Query Posts, Enhanced Recent Posts and the text widget - I have used the text widget, and with the Widget Logic, it will be even more powerful! I'll have to look into Query Posts and Enhanced Recent Posts.

KIP
Old Oct 22, 2009, 10:06 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I've also discovered Section Widget plugin, which lets you paste any kind of text into it, then lets you position it just where you want it.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 01:51 PM
kippiper

135 posts · Jun 2009
Excellent! I'm going to check this out, cause I think I will be needing this... LOL!