Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Space at top? Static Header/Columns with Scrolling "Body" ?

Old Feb 17, 2014, 11:00 PM
bobwords

8 posts · Feb 2014
Space at top? Static Header/Columns with Scrolling "Body" ?

I have been using Atahualpa for several years, and just upgraded to Atahualpa 3.7.13.
I cannot discover how to do two things with Atahualpa Theme Options:

(1) Currently the Header/Logo has a white space (band) above it. How do I "raise" the Header/Logo area to the top of the screen, so that the Header Image begins at the top of the screen?

(2) Some themes have a "fixed" (static location) Header/Logo at the top, and sidebar columns (available via Widgets in Atahualpa) that remain in a fixed position on-screen, yet allow the reader to scroll-down in the main center "Body" of text -- while the Header and the Side Columns remain on-screen.
Is it possible to set Atahualpa 3.7.13 so that the Header & Columns remain on-screen while scrolling down-screen in the Body?

Last edited by lmilesw; Feb 19, 2014 at 03:20 PM.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 04:16 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) without the url of the its it's hard to tell - use a code examiner like FireBug in FireFox to see what is causing it
2) you can play with making the area 'position: fixed' and see what results - did you search the forums?
Old Feb 18, 2014, 06:06 PM
bobwords

8 posts · Feb 2014
Thanks, Juggledad.

Disclaimer: I'm no IT guy. I'm a writer (among other things) and only set up the website so I could have a bit more control, and a nicer "look", than the WordPress.com in-house blogs had to offer.

I did search the Forums (not to sure how to identify the issue) and didn't find anything.

>>> the URL is >> www.antegodlin.com <<

It was all working fine before I upgraded (Sunday Feb.16) to the current versions of WordPress and Atahualpa 3. Before the upgrades, the Header Image (standard default Atahualpa flowers & berries) did not have white space above it. Since those Upgrades, it now has a band of white above the Header Image that is about the same size as the Header Image itself. That is not only unsightly and visually distracting, it is also a significant waste of screen-space.

My preference would be to leave the Header Image "band" the same size it is now, and move it ^UP^ so the white-band no longer exists.

If that isn't possible, I could live with the Header Image being twice as high, thus filling in the "overhead" space that is now white. (That option would waste screen space, but at least it would look better.)

I haven't a clue what a code examiner is; I could probably locate FireBug (I use Firefox), but might well not know what it would be telling me.

------------------
Q2 >I will try playing with the "position: fixed" stuff. This question (Q2) about scrolling is a lower priority than the first one. My main concern with Q2 to begin with is whether or not Atahualpa 3 even supports [body-scrolling with fixed header/columns]. If it doesn't, I'm wondering if any other blogging-friendly Themes do have that feature.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 03:17 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
When I go to the URL it I get
Quote:
To view this page, you must log in to area “antigodlin” on www.antegodlin.com:80.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 04:13 PM
bobwords

8 posts · Feb 2014
Arrgh! MyBad!
I password-protected it noonish today (for a while) to make some changes. I'll remove the protection right now, and leave it unprotected until I hear from you.
Apoligies -- and thanks for trying.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 04:27 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
t was all working fine before I upgraded (Sunday Feb.16) to the current versions of WordPress and Atahualpa 3. Before the upgrades, the Header Image (standard default Atahualpa flowers & berries) did not have white space above it. Since those Upgrades, it now has a band of white above the Header Image that is about the same size as the Header Image itself. That is not only unsightly and visually distracting, it is also a significant waste of screen-space.
go to ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Configure Header Area and I'l bet the first thing there is '%bar1'. Remove it and the white line should be gone.

as for the 'fixed' You can make it fixed but in my quick experiment it teneded to effect the width of the header area.

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 17, 2015 at 04:56 AM.