Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] The letters "rn" are appearing above Logo Area

Old May 4, 2010, 04:43 PM
GILSAN

45 posts · Mar 2010
Madeira Island - Portugal
The letters rn appear above the Logo Area. I have no idea what caused this. I have 3 WP sites, all using Atahualpa theme and the same thing is hapening on all three sites.
2 of the Sites are:
www.cristianoronaldoportugal.com
www.capeverdeislandsholidays.net

The editing I've done on all of theml is very similar, so I figure I must have done the same error on all.

Any idea what the problem may be and will it affect the website negatively?

I'm sorry. I just realized I put this thread on the "How-to" area instead of the "Header Configuration" Please feel free to move it if you wish. BTW I just finished donating $20, which I think you deserve.

Last edited by GILSAN; May 4, 2010 at 05:00 PM.
Old May 4, 2010, 05:33 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
It's got to do with your google verification code. you have a 'rn' in the middle. here is the code
HTML Code:
<meta name="google-site-verification" content="KsGSSrvuTRfotmwjLS_MWTlrGCf9J0CzfZU_A6yBPvE"/>rn<meta name="msvalidate.01" content="A2D163EA96647CE9390CFDC3982452F1"/>
notice the 'rn before the second '<meta' tag? That's what is causing it.
Old May 5, 2010, 03:27 PM
GILSAN

45 posts · Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
It's got to do with your google verification code. you have a 'rn' in the middle. here is the code
HTML Code:
<meta name="google-site-verification" content="KsGSSrvuTRfotmwjLS_MWTlrGCf9J0CzfZU_A6yBPvE"/>rn<meta name="msvalidate.01" content="A2D163EA96647CE9390CFDC3982452F1"/>
notice the 'rn before the second '<meta' tag? That's what is causing it.
Thanks for discovering that juggledad. I have the tracking code "KsGSSrvuTRfotmwjLS_MWTlrGCf9J0CzfZU_A6yBPvE" placed in the Headspace2 plugin when I submited a sitemap to Google. (Actualy my only other previous thread was also related to submitting sitemaps and where to put the code in ATA)

Would this "rn" have a negative effect on my site? Is there a way to remove those letters?

Gil
Old May 6, 2010, 04:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You have to look at the info you've put into the plugin, somewhere there must be a 'rn' where it's not suppose to be.
Old May 6, 2010, 10:11 AM
GILSAN

45 posts · Mar 2010
Quote:
You have to look at the info you've put into the plugin, somewhere there must be a 'rn' where it's not suppose to be.
Actually I only placed this part of the tracking code: "KsGSSrvuTRfotmwjLS_MWTlrGCf9J0CzfZU_A6yBPvE" into the Headspace2 plugin, then I submited to Google.

I picked this idea from a thread by fromtheranks (a diamond member) here: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=640 where he explains how to do it with Headspace2 Plugin. How on earth it generated that 'rn' is a mystery to me.

Here's what fromtheranks explained:

Headspace 2's --> Site Modules --> Google Webmaster setting does work.

The caveate is that you only enter the "content" portion of the meta tag line that Google gives you, i.e. just the string between the quotes: content="some generated code".

You just want the "some generated code" portion, not even the quotes. Drop that part of the string into HS2's Google Webmaster field, save it, activate it by clicking on the activate checkbox and Google will verify your site.
Hope this helps

Now when I go into Headspace 2's --> Site Modules --> Google Webmaster setting
and tick OFF Google Webmaster setting box then the 'rn' disappears.
tick ON Google Webmaster setting box and the 'rn' appears again

Last edited by GILSAN; May 6, 2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old May 6, 2010, 10:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
do you have some kind of BING plugin? check what you put in it
Old May 6, 2010, 12:29 PM
GILSAN

45 posts · Mar 2010
Quote:
do you have some kind of BING plugin? check what you put in it
On the same Headspace2 plugin I also have Microsoft Live Verification / Bing Webmaster box ticked ON

I've done the following tests:
When I tick OFF Google Webmaster setting box and leave Microsoft Live Verification / Bing Webmaster box ticked ON then the 'rn' disappears.

But if I do the opposite:
tick ON Google Webmaster setting box and leave Microsoft Live Verification / Bing Webmaster box ticked OFF then the 'rn' remains.

Old May 6, 2010, 01:24 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
there must be some other setting you have. If you want me to take a look, send me a PM with an admin id and pw
Old May 6, 2010, 02:53 PM
GILSAN

45 posts · Mar 2010
Quote:
there must be some other setting you have. If you want me to take a look, send me a PM with an admin id and pw
PM sent
Old May 6, 2010, 04:02 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Alright I have a theory. In the code after they echo out the <meta....>there is a \r\n I'm going to guess that your source is bad and it only has an 'rn'
edit the file headspace2/modules/site/google_webmaster.php and find line 47. It should be this
HTML Code:
			echo '<meta name="verify-v1" content="'.htmlspecialchars ($this->code).'"/>'."\r\n";
but I'll bet it's this instead
HTML Code:
			echo '<meta name="verify-v1" content="'.htmlspecialchars ($this->code).'"/>'."rn";
If it is, I would just get a fresh copy of the headspace plugin and install it
Old May 6, 2010, 05:10 PM
GILSAN

45 posts · Mar 2010
Quote:
Alright I have a theory. In the code after they echo out the <meta....>there is a \r\n I'm going to guess that your source is bad and it only has an 'rn'
edit the file headspace2/modules/site/google_webmaster.php and find line 47. It should be this
HTML Code:
			echo '<meta name="verify-v1" content="'.htmlspecialchars ($this->code).'"/>'."\r\n";
but I'll bet it's this instead
HTML Code:
			echo '<meta name="verify-v1" content="'.htmlspecialchars ($this->code).'"/>'."rn";
If it is, I would just get a fresh copy of the headspace plugin and install it
Thanks juggledad. I will try it tomorrow and let you know, as I'm off to bed.

I now do remember having to add that code: echo '<meta name="verify-v1" content="'.htmlspecialchars ($this->code).'"/>'."rn"; under line 47, as it was not there. I never imagined it was related to this problem.

Here's where I had found out where to add the code from: http://urbangiraffe.com/support/topi...-name#comments

As you can see on the last coment it's the exact same code.
Tomorrow I'll see if that does the trick.
Old May 7, 2010, 09:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
well urbangiraffe has a bug in their example
Old May 7, 2010, 03:55 PM
GILSAN

45 posts · Mar 2010
Quote:
well urbangiraffe has a bug in their example
They sure did make a mistake in their example and you were spot on in your analysis. Even Sherlock Holmes would have been amazed.
All I did is what you sugested and Voila!, the pesty little "rn" dissapeared. Thanks a million juggledad.

I have a question. Do you think I have too many banners in the www.cristianoronaldoportugal.com website?
Old May 7, 2010, 04:34 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
I have a question. Do you think I have too many banners in the www.cristianoronaldoportugal.com website?
I'm the wrong person to ask, I think 1 is too many
Old May 7, 2010, 05:16 PM
GILSAN

45 posts · Mar 2010
Quote:
I'm the wrong person to ask, I think 1 is too many
Ha Ha, nice 1. Thanks for your help