Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Atahualpa 3 and WPG2 plugin

Old Dec 15, 2008, 10:41 AM
mangaman

4 posts · Dec 2008
Hello,

I use wpg2 plugin to embed gallery2 into wordpress and it worked great with atahualpa 2.01 but with 3.0 the header don't seem to appear. I can see in the source it tries to load but it's not appearing on the web page.

See http://www.mangaman.net/erik_2/v/test

Thanks
Old Dec 15, 2008, 01:42 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Looks like it expects a page.php. All contents from index.php are missing. Make a copy of index.php as page.php and see if it works.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 10:35 PM
mangaman

4 posts · Dec 2008
Hello, thanks for the quick response!

I've copied index.php to page.php in the atahualpa3 folder and tried to reload the theme but the header is still missing. The source code of the main page still looks the same on http://www.mangaman.net/erik_2/wpg2
Old Dec 22, 2008, 12:29 PM
mangaman

4 posts · Dec 2008
I have tried with the 3.1.1 version too, some of the code from the header loads but seems to stop prematurely after the scripts in the header.php. I tried to put a page.php file that only said <?php get_header(); ?> and it gives the same output in the page as when i copied header.php to page.php.

It seems to stop with this code:
<?php if ( function_exists('wp_list_comments') AND is_singular() ) { wp_enqueue_script( 'comment-reply' ); } ?>
<?php wp_head(); ?>
<?php if (function_exists('wp_pagenavi')) { ?>

I guess there is an incompatibility with the plugin and the theme. Maybe WPG2 like the way with <?php include that were in the version 2 of the theme header.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 02:32 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I am installing WPG2 atm ... I'll post my findings later today
Old Dec 22, 2008, 07:59 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
It's replacing everything in index.php including the header section, the sidebars etc..

I moved the header area and the left sidebar into header.php and the right sidebar into footer.php and now it's working. I'll include this in the next update tomorrow or 12-24. This will probably help other plugins too. Plugins like this expect a theme to have a structure very similar to the default theme it seems.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 10:47 PM
mangaman

4 posts · Dec 2008
Wow, that was very fast! Thank's a lot!

I admit I could figure the structure better in the 2.01 version than in the 3, for the header.
Again, thank you very much, the theme you've developed has a look that's so clean and I find it ergonomic.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 12:34 PM
traceywashere

3 posts · Apr 2009
hey Flynn .. i have Atahualpa 3.3.2 -- and it seems to be back to putting gallery2 in it's own page ... any chance for another fix? i'm not sure i totally follow what you did to fix it b4.

thanks!
Old Apr 16, 2009, 06:32 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
This was broken again when I changed the way theme options are pulled from the database to save queries and reduce the rendering time. It'll be fixed in 3.3.3
Old Apr 16, 2009, 10:34 PM
traceywashere

3 posts · Apr 2009
we keep ya busy don't we?

thanks flynn!

u had said that you "moved the header area and the left sidebar into header.php and the right sidebar into footer.php" -- where'd u move them from? i tried looking around, and didn't find anything obvious ...

tx again
Old Apr 17, 2009, 05:43 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Instead of sidebar.php and sidebar2.php Atahualpa has the code for the left sidebar in header.php ( <?php // Widgetize the Left Sidebar ...) and the right sidebar in footer.php ( <?php // Widgetize the Right Sidebar
Old Apr 20, 2009, 01:35 PM
traceywashere

3 posts · Apr 2009
any idea when 3.3.3 will be released? i've tried to manually fix .. but i'm not having any luck
Old Apr 23, 2009, 11:50 AM
tamogila

6 posts · Apr 2009
I'm new to WP and the Atahualpa theme, but just wanted to say what a great great combo this is. I know just enough to realize how difficult it has to be to pull this off.

I just wanted to drop in and let Flynn know that there are others holding our breath for a fix to this. If there is any way you could just give me some code and tell me where to put it, I'd be a very happy person! Unless 3.3.3 is coming out today or something.

Thanks, and please take this as a plea for mercy, and not a demand.