Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

GD Star Rating Plugin won't activate with Atahualpa

Old Sep 25, 2009, 03:04 AM
coachjerry

12 posts · Sep 2009
I've been unable to activate the GD Star Rating plugin, version 1.6.4 or later (didn't try earlier GD versions). When I attempt to activate the GD Star plugin with Atalhualpa as my theme I get an "Error 500 - Internal Server Error.

The plugin will activate with the classic Wordpress theme.

If there's an inherent incompatibility with GD Star, can you suggest another post rating system compatible with Atahualpa?
Old Sep 25, 2009, 06:25 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You may have to refresh your Permalinks settings by clicking on WP -> Settings -> Permalinks -> Save

The WP-Postratings plugin should work
Old Sep 26, 2009, 05:35 AM
coachjerry

12 posts · Sep 2009
I'll try that. And I'll look into WP-Postratings too.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 07:45 AM
coachjerry

12 posts · Sep 2009
Refreshing permalinks didn't help, so I activated WP-Postratings and that mostly works with this exception:

Pages can't be added or edited when WP-Postratings is active. The area for page information entry is completely blank, and the left sidebar doesn't even show Atahualpa as a theme, as well as all of the other wordpress options that normally show below the Atahualpa options. I can add and edit Pages normally by deactivating WP-Postratings and then activating it again when finished. But I wouldn't want to continue doing this forever.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 08:18 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Try with the Default theme to see if it works there. Try disabling other plugins one by one, perhaps you can track it down to a specific one
Old Sep 28, 2009, 11:29 AM
coachjerry

12 posts · Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
Try with the Default theme to see if it works there. Try disabling other plugins one by one, perhaps you can track it down to a specific one
WP-Postratings works fine with the default theme and all plugins active (see following). I traced the incompatibility down to Atahualpa 3.4.1 with plug-ins SI Captcha, v 1.6.7 or 2.0.1 and WP-Postratings 1.50. Removing either one of the two plugins allows Atahualpa new page editing to work fine, but with either plugin active there's a conflict that prevents editing pages.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 05:21 AM
AmpLiF1eR

6 posts · Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachjerry
I've been unable to activate the GD Star Rating plugin, version 1.6.4 or later (didn't try earlier GD versions). When I attempt to activate the GD Star plugin with Atalhualpa as my theme I get an "Error 500 - Internal Server Error.

The plugin will activate with the classic Wordpress theme.

If there's an inherent incompatibility with GD Star, can you suggest another post rating system compatible with Atahualpa?
Strange, I'm also using GD Star Rating (1.6.8) with Atalhualpa (3.4.3) without problems.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 02:55 PM
Gravity

34 posts · Sep 2009
I used GD Star without a problem too. It's excellent, but my readers didn't vote on anything .
Old Oct 4, 2009, 05:02 PM
rapidlord

1 posts · Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravity
I used GD Star without a problem too. It's excellent, but my readers didn't vote on anything .
Mine is working like a charm Version: 1.6.9.

if your readers dont vote for all your posts, u can start to vote yourself :D
Old Oct 4, 2009, 08:47 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
Another person here using GD Star Rating successfully with Atahualpa (3.4.2).