Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] I messed up my widget area and even re-installing theme didn't fix it - help

Old Jul 17, 2009, 09:57 PM
Olivier

9 posts · Jul 2009
Hi everyone,

I really do need some help here...

Following on from my thread (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=2486), I went on trying something else and added a widgetised area to a Post page. Inserted the code in the "Content ABOVE the LOOP" theme admin area, as per the example showed in the "Add New Widget Area" namely: <?php bfa_widget_area('name=RSS Feed Page&cells=4&align=1&align_2=9&align_3=7&width_4=7 00&before_widget=<div id="%1" class="header-widget %2">&after_widget=</div>'); ?>

Saw the results immediately. Then went on removing what I did namely, removing <?php bfa_widget_area('name=RSS Feed Page&cells=4&align=1&align_2=9&align_3=7&width_4=7 00&before_widget=<div id="%1" class="header-widget %2">&after_widget=</div>'); ?> from the input box in the "Content ABOVE the LOOP" theme admin area. Then saved.

Despite me deleting the added code, I realised that in my WP Widget section, I still had 4 new Widgets: RSS Feed Page 1, RSS Feed Page 2, RSS Feed Page 3, and RSS Feed Page 4. All empty. So, I went back to the Style and Edit Center Column and reset it (red button). The 4 new widegets were still there...

So, decided to reset the whole theme option (grey button). No results - 4 widgets were still there.

Went on deactivating the theme, deleting it, re-installing it, re-activating it... and those 4 widgets are still there, as seen attached. I really thought this process would get ride of them.

Furthermore, the order of the default widgets has changed (first time I installed this theme it was: Left Sidebar / Left Inner Siderbar / Right Sidebar / Right Inner Sidebar). Now from the attachement, you can see the order has changed.

Finally, I get the Left Sidebar (empty on the WP Widget admin page), but "Categories" and "Archives" are showing on my site...

Please help me get everything back as the orginaly settings I got when I activated the theme the original time, and get this Widget and Sidebar issue sorted... Really don't know what to do... and I am far from being that technically clued-up...

Maybe once this is done, I can get some help on http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=2486

Anyway, many thanks,

Cheers,

Olivier
Attached Images
File Type: bmp sidebars.bmp (209.5 KB, 2224 views)
Old Jul 18, 2009, 07:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you wish to get rid of those widgets in the list, for now, you can do the following.
In phpMyAdmin issue the folowing SQL statement
HTML Code:
delete FROM zom_options WHERE option_name = 'bfa_widget_areas'
Note, this will delete all extra widget areas you have defined.

Next, swap to the default theme then back to atahualpa to be able to use the new widget areas again

I'll follow up with Flynn and see if there is a way to remove them outside phpMyAdmin
Old Jul 19, 2009, 06:02 PM
Olivier

9 posts · Jul 2009
Hi juggledad,

Thanks for the feedback.

I tried. Downloaded the WP-phpMyAdmin, and tried to run the query. Unfortunately, I only got an error message as showed below:

Code:
Error SQL query: DELETE FROM zom_options WHERE option_name = 'bfa_widget_areas' MySQL said: Documentation #1146 - Table '1_02a185e_0.zom_options' doesn't exist
Not too sure what's going wrong here. Maybe you know... Or maybe as you mentioned, there is an alternative outside phpMyAdmin.

Once more, many thanks for the feedback in solving this - it is most appreciated.

Cheers,

Olivier
Old Jul 20, 2009, 06:59 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Have you renamed your table prefix from wp_ to zom_? If not, use

wp_options instead of zom_options

I am adding something to remove widget areas in 3.4.3
Old Jul 20, 2009, 05:00 PM
Olivier

9 posts · Jul 2009
Phew... it did work - thanks. Just as an add-on for anyone else who might have the same issue, the process did not erase any of the plugins I had set up in the 'standard' plugin areas. So, when I finally re-activated Atahualpa, there was no need to set up those plugins again; but the unwanted plugin areas were removed though, as desired...

Thanks Flynn and thanks Juggledad

Cheers,

Olivier