Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

New widget area with 2 rows of cells?

Old Oct 26, 2010, 10:04 AM
blueprairie

98 posts · Feb 2009
I'd like to add a new widget area with 6 cells set up as 2 rows tall, 3 columns wide. I want this area to have a continuous/seamless background, possibly with a border. Is this possible using the add widget tool within ATA?

I'm thinking I'll add this to the footer content creating sort of a top footer of featured content and a lower footer with typical copyright info.

Any suggestions? All advice welcome and appreciated!
Old Oct 26, 2010, 11:15 AM
JaneD

72 posts · Jan 2009
I just want to point out, depending on what you are doing, you may not actually need "2 rows" I thought the same thing myself, but realized, I can just add multiple items in each widget area.

It may not work for whatever you're doing, but you may want to try it, before going to all the trouble of trying to setup 2 actual rows and style them.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 11:48 AM
blueprairie

98 posts · Feb 2009
Very wise! I'll give it a try! Thanks!