Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Page/Forum integration

Old Jun 20, 2009, 05:00 PM
Webmason

69 posts · Feb 2009
Minneapolis, MN USA
Hello,

I have been working on integrating my phpBB forum into my Wordpress Blog.

I nearly have it all figured out but I am stuck on one part, it's probably simple.

If you visit my site, http://www.Tip20.com and click on "Forum" at the top you will see that it opens the forum up without the right sidebars as I intended. No problem.

But if you click on any link in the forum, you will see that it opens into the center column and the right sidebars are back. I don't know how to determine what "page(s)" to tell Atahualpa to not display the sidebars on in this case. Any ideas?

( If I must, I can make my minimum width larger and just keep the right column, but I'd rather not as the site is almost to wide already)

Thanks for any help here!
Tom
Old Jun 21, 2009, 02:48 PM
SupraTT

78 posts · May 2009
Hi Tom,

Your link currently does not work...it redirects to a feeder page... I had to type in Tip20.com/forum to see. Can you tell me how you did the integration? I want to use phpBB also. Are oyu using phpBB v2 or v3?

SupraTT
Old Jun 22, 2009, 01:52 AM
Webmason

69 posts · Feb 2009
Minneapolis, MN USA
Hi, Yeah, I'm having trouble with one of my plugins and trying to get that fixed too.

The integration was done through a phpBB mod called wp-united (I am running phpBB)

It's an amazing mod, but I am trying to work out a few buggy things. It even combines and shares the users.

Any idea how to fix my problem with the sidebars?

Tom
Old Jun 22, 2009, 06:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I'm a little confused.

Case 1: If I go to your homepage and then in the left hand sidebar, I click the category "Bartender", I see both left and right sidebar.

Case 2: If I go to your homepage and then I go to forum, then click the category "Bartender", I also see both left and right sidebar.

are you saying you don't want to see the right sidebar only in case 2?

If you don't want to see in in both cases, do the following
1) go to WP Dashboard->Posts->Categories
2) place your cursor on a category (like Bartender) and click edit
3) note th html address of the page, it should be something like this:
HTML Code:
http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin/categories.php?action=edit&cat_ID=20
you are interested in the ID at the end, in this case it is '20', your will probally be different. This is the category id.
4) go to ATO->sidebar->RIGHT sidebar: Don't display on Categories: and enter the ID number here.

If you wish to prevent the sidebar from apearing on certian pages, follow the directions in ATO->sidebar->RIGHT sidebar: Don't display on Pages:
Old Jun 22, 2009, 07:56 AM
Webmason

69 posts · Feb 2009
Minneapolis, MN USA
Hi thanks for the help.

I always want to see both the right and left sidebar when you are in any of the categories.

I only want to see the left sidebar when you are in the forum.

So, if you click on the forum button you will see that it opens up with just the left sidebar. That's perfect. I was able to do this by telling the sidebar not to appear on that page.

But if you click any link IN THE FORUM you will see that it adds the sidebar back. See what I mean?
Old Jun 22, 2009, 03:01 PM
Webmason

69 posts · Feb 2009
Minneapolis, MN USA
Perhaps if I had a way to assign a page to a category I could add a new category just for the forum and then block those side bars for that category.

I don't think this is possible. Is it?

Tom